Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

Monday 8th April weigh in

(38 Posts)
glassortwo Sun 08-Apr-12 23:21:41

Well I hope you have got rid of all that Easter chocolate shock thats Easter finished and we are galloping towards the summer holidays, I for one mean to buckle down so I can get into my holiday clothes. I think its 15 weeks until my holidays so time to make a difference.

Thanks notso for holding the fort last week. flowers

glassortwo Fri 13-Apr-12 15:11:22

golden you will get that back off no problem smile

GoldenGran Fri 13-Apr-12 10:38:48

Ok I'll be brave, I was going to forget to post weight this week, but I can't. I have put on two pounds, Easter and Birthday celebrations proved too much for my resolve.

Notsogrand Fri 13-Apr-12 09:37:30

glass grin

jeni Fri 13-Apr-12 00:03:17

glassgrin

glassortwo Thu 12-Apr-12 15:56:20

Thats great gillie you wont have any problem moving the rest for your break away.

GillieB Thu 12-Apr-12 15:51:33

Glass - loved those. Thursday is my weigh in day and I had lost just under one and a half lbs this morning. Quite pleased, in view of the two raspberry chocolate brownies I had earlier in the week. Now back to boot camp and trying very hard. We go away at the end of the month and I would like to lose at least another couple of lbs before then.

glassortwo Thu 12-Apr-12 13:55:30

Though you might like this, my Sister has just emailed it to me grin

I don't know WHY I didn't figure this out before!!!!!!

I wash my hair in the shower and the shampoo runs down all over my whole body.
Printed very clearly on the label is the following warning;
FOR EXTRA VOLUME AND BODY.

No WONDER I have been gaining weight !!!!

Well, I have gotten rid of that shampoo and I am going to start using Dish Washing Liquid instead.
Its label reads, "DISSOLVES FAT THAT IS OTHERWISE DIFFICULT TO REMOVE."

Problem solved ! If I am not around for a while.....I'll be in the shower!

glassortwo Wed 11-Apr-12 20:57:18

susie & ronald as green said its not the end of the world, and it would be a sad existence if we could not have a few relaxing days where we can have a little treat, its getting the balance thats important.

greenmossgiel Wed 11-Apr-12 20:39:57

Good luck with the next seed order then, Ronald! A few wee 'distractions' over Easter, aren't the end of the world! wink

ronald Wed 11-Apr-12 18:54:36

Weight just the same,as I expected after easter with my grandchildren.I am sticking to the diet ,just a few distractions along the way.
First time on since last week so I read last weeks before posting.
! only do the district Flower and Veg Show,if I grow it I like to show it,it is all auctioned off and the proceeds donated to a local hospis.Any surplus I have is also donated for auctioning,
Not looking to get rich 1st prize is £1.50 ,2nd is £1.00 and 3rd prize is £0.50 but the cups etc are presented by the Lord Mayor.
Last year I had 8 first.9 second and 5 third enough cash to pay for my seed order

susiecb Tue 10-Apr-12 08:51:01

Stayed the same this week but had a good Easter with family and friends, one egg and one hot cross bun consumed but lots of vino collapso!!!

jeni Mon 09-Apr-12 20:26:26

At least it's not fatal, just sore! As its my ankles and feet, difficult as well. Think I'll take to my luggie!

glassortwo Mon 09-Apr-12 20:21:54

Oh jeni I know what your going through I see my FIL suffer the same way, but at least you have a little spotty ray of sunshine to look forward to on Wednesday sunshine

jeni Mon 09-Apr-12 20:17:03

Not as hungry! I get like this if I'm depressed normally! But I can't think what I'm depressed about, apart the fact I've a flare up in my arthritis. Spent the day in bed as it was the most comfortable place.
Tribunal tomorrow then Wednesday visit to chicken pox baby!

glassortwo Mon 09-Apr-12 19:53:02

green even 1/2lb is better off than on, well done.

jeni thats over 1 lb well done, what have you changed? I knew it would start to move eventually.

notso fantastic 4lb, will have to try green tea, never tried it.

gillie both you and me starting tomorrow with a clean sheet grin

maureen join the club restart tomorrow, whats a 30 day shred?

grannyk as sba said just put it behind you, in the great scheme of things its just a blip. smile

Sbagran Mon 09-Apr-12 19:22:44

Poor GrannyK - I think we are in the same boat. As I said on my earlier post I 'sinned' with a pasty, biscuits and a choc bar during this week. In fairness the pasty was my 'meal' but not ideal, but I really felt I 'needed' the choc bar - I think sometimes your body tells you when you are lacking something (sugar?) - perhaps you did go a bit mad but don't we all at times? grin
If you are feeling below par you can so easily slip out of the concentration zone.
It was a few days of madness out of the rest of your life so put it behind you - don't fret and I really hope that we will both feel better soon. smile
If you feel well everything is easier. Take care flowers

GrannyK Mon 09-Apr-12 14:36:03

I am mortified ! You ladies have all been so good and I can't think what came over me during the last three days- I went slightly berserk ! I had no trouble being very sensible about the Christmas goodies, but have managed to consume 6 hot cross buns , a whole Lindt ( big) chocolate bunny and a creme egg.( Not to mention some sort of chocolate pudding yesterday) . Think it has something to do with not feeling very well generally - am still having chest x rays etc - since flu/chest infection during February and being generally tired (side effect of medication for chronic nerve pain) , but honestly , there is no point reaching your target weight if you are going to sabotage it two weeks later .
There, I feel better having told someone. Probably won't weigh myself as usual tomorrow, it will only depress me , but intend staying calm and focused during the week ready for a sensible weigh in next Tuesday. Oh dear, oh dear ! Not very happy. sad

MaureenM Mon 09-Apr-12 13:10:12

Well after a super week away with family, my 4lbs I needed to lose has become 5 lbs. So today I am starting to take it serious. Day 1 of Dukan and Thirty Day Shred exercise DVD.

GillieB Mon 09-Apr-12 11:34:13

Well done, folks. I won't post until I have weighed myself on Thursday, but I have been so good apart from a raspberry chocolate brownie for pudding yesterday. No Easter eggs, no hot cross buns, even no roast potatoes yesterday when I did Sunday lunch for my daughter and her family.

glass or two - thanks for the reminder about school holidays and the Metro Centre - I have to go on Thursday to collect some trousers from Marks and Spencers: I'll make sure I am there just after nine when they open.

Notsogrand Mon 09-Apr-12 11:10:31

Happy Easter weekend everyone!

I've had a houseful for a few days but have steered clear of most of the Easter goodies. My total 'fat foods' consumption has been 2 hot x buns (no butter) 7 orange Smarties and 3 glasses of champagne.

So here's the thing....how come I've lost 4lbs this week? I increased my exercises last week and because my ankles felt a bit puffy I had 3 half doses of herbal water retention tablets, so that will have shifted a bit of fluid 'weight'. The other thing I've been doing since last Monday is drinking 3 or 4 cups of green tea every day. Green tea has some health benefits and is a good source of anti-oxidants. There are also studies which demonstrate that it can have a short term impact upon weight loss.

'Whatever', as they say grin

I'll definitely continue drinking green tea!

jeni Mon 09-Apr-12 10:45:28

13 2 1/2 this morning! I think that's down on last week!

greenmossgiel Mon 09-Apr-12 10:30:20

Everyone is doing so well - and Carol, were you not away on a wee break? And you still lost weight! I only lost a half-pound this week. I find the way that works for me is to weigh each morning and mark it down only if I've lost anything at all. It's all in the mind, but it does help (me!) to do it this way. smile

glassortwo Mon 09-Apr-12 10:17:26

grin

glassortwo Mon 09-Apr-12 10:16:47

sba sorry you are still feeling out of sorts, hopefully the Dr will get you up to full speed again.

I always maintain that once in a while if you give you metabolism a shake up it kick starts it again.

But well done on loosing smile

Sbagran Mon 09-Apr-12 10:15:35

Thanks gracesmum! That is sooooo appreciated smile