Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

Monday 8th July weigh in.

(18 Posts)
glassortwo Mon 08-Jul-13 08:01:07

I went to bed on a high after the tennis and forget to set the thread up.

Hope you have had a good result. sunshine

annodomini Mon 08-Jul-13 08:51:34

Even according to my unforgiving new scales, I've got rid of another pound.

Nonu Mon 08-Jul-13 09:14:52

Good for you ANNO wish I could say the same , still, will have another shot at it this week .

envy

Notso Mon 08-Jul-13 09:44:35

The tennis was brilliant wasn't it?

I didn't weigh in last week as I was away and whilst I was away I ate the same as everyone else. No surprises then that I put back on most of the weight I lost before going away.

Never mind, I'm drawing a line and starting again.

Good luck everyone!

Grannylin Mon 08-Jul-13 10:32:37

Well,I've been stuck on that plateau for 2 weeks now, having consumed far too much alcohol 'helping 'Andy!At last I have moved off ..all 100 grshmm

Tegan Mon 08-Jul-13 11:26:32

Stayed the same but don't mind as long as I'm still sticking to my healthy eating programme. Hope to go to the gym later in the week again. My son has just done a triathlon for charity and my daughter is doing the race for life on Sunday so, as a family we're very much in a keep fit frame of mind [even the S.O. is on a diet and seems to have lost as much weight as I have, which seems unfair as I'm putting far more effort into that he is; unless I'm just talking about it more wink].

GrannyK Tue 09-Jul-13 09:52:36

Successfully lost half lb ! 59.2 down to 59.0.
Ridiculously small weight loss in itself, I realise, but as long as this is the start of heading back down to 58 then that's ok with me.

When you are hovering around your comfortable target weight the odd lb or two up or down really does make a difference in how you feel

Have been careful with food choices but not ludicrously so and dashing up and downstairs with a watering can must be helping the exercise levels .

Fingers crossed for next week !

Bez Tue 09-Jul-13 10:48:37

I have had a bad cole of weeks and do not really know why - this week I am down about half a pound but I am still almost back to where I started months ago - why does it creep on far quicker than it comes off?

glassortwo Tue 09-Jul-13 20:58:41

Well I have lost 2lb this week not everything I put on but I am happy with that. sunshine
bez I hope you are feeling a little better, could it be hay fever? Our lot are suffering terrible this year, you would think they had cold. Isnt it annoying when it comes back on quicker than it comes off.
grannyK you are doing a sterling job and the watering is obviously helping wink
tegan to stay the same is great, why do men seem to dro weight so much easier, love the vision of the fit family smile
grannylin it was all the excitment of Murray, loved your set up to watch the final smile
notso thats what I did last week drew a line, you can do it smile
nonu come on you can do it smile

anno you are doing so well on the 5:2 it suits you really well.

This week 4lb 4oz
Challenge total 4st 6lb 13oz

Galen Tue 09-Jul-13 21:20:19

Not sayingsad

glassortwo Tue 09-Jul-13 21:23:06

galen its good to see you back, are we going to see your blog?
Get your head into the right place and get weighed next week, your were on a cruise you have to enjoy the food. wink

Galen Tue 09-Jul-13 21:26:26

Don't know if I can publish it here as well?
They're not paying me so here goes!
Just tell me how to do it?

glassortwo Tue 09-Jul-13 21:31:44

I think you have to go through GNHQ and they set you up a blog page.

Galen Tue 09-Jul-13 22:09:05

I've asked silvertraveladviser to forward it as I'm really having problems with it.

annodomini Tue 09-Jul-13 22:15:19

Today my new scales told me I was 17 stone. No, I'm not and never have been! I turned them off and on again and got the truth. The heat must have got to them!

janeainsworth Wed 10-Jul-13 08:51:50

100g but at keast in the right direction, 63.6kg now.

mrshat Fri 12-Jul-13 20:19:37

Sorry, late again. I've lost 2.5 lbs and am now 12st 7.5lbs. Not down to good dieting but the result of a rotten dose of food poisoning from an iffy prawn! However, hope to keep weight going in the right direction grin

glassortwo Fri 12-Jul-13 20:26:51

mrshat oh dear, I hope you are feeling better sad
jane even a little bit makes it worth while smile

This week 6lb 13oz
Challenge total 4st 9lb 8oz