Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

Our Path Diet

(8 Posts)
NanaPlenty Fri 11-May-18 21:35:18

Has anyone tried this diet? It looks sensible although not cheap - I'm desperately trying to find something to help me. Next year I will be sixty, I've been steadily gaining weight and am worried about how it will affect my health - time to take action. Any tips greatly appreciated.

Sunlover Sat 12-May-18 08:53:09

Sorry,never heard of it. What does it entail?

M0nica Sat 12-May-18 09:04:46

I have just looked it up and it seems to be, essentially, an on-line only loosing weight support system like Slimming World. Like Slimming World it has NHS approval and support.

You get a lot of personal and group support to help you change your whole attitude to eating. It sounds fine but I would also look at Slimming World online and see how costs and methods compare [www.ourpath.co.uk/]

NanaPlenty Sat 12-May-18 09:23:15

It does seem to have similarities to Slimming World, I think the main difference is the 'support' with you every day in the form of on line contact with others in your group and also your mentor. Still deciding whether to go with it - it's not cheap but if it means I'm going to get on with it it would be worth it.

ginny Sat 12-May-18 09:42:21

That is quite expensive. I would have a look at Slimming World on line before you decide.
Better still if you can get to a SW group and stay for the group sessions you will get plenty of support. I have lost 4 stone and it becomes a way of life without having to give up things you really like to eat.

MawBroon Sat 12-May-18 10:27:35

Did you see that I PM’d you Ginny?

Teetime Sat 12-May-18 11:25:02

The NHS Choices website diet is free and says much the same thing. A weekly plan with advice and an eating diary. I did it last year and am doing it again now - it works.

NanaPlenty Thu 24-May-18 16:31:35

Thanks everyone - I decided it wasn't necessary to spend so much money on dieting!