Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

Dancing in the livingroom

(5 Posts)
hopeful1 Wed 24-Oct-18 11:45:40

Hi there everyone. After years of routine exercise... walking, running, gym, yoga, swimming, DVDs.. you name it I've tried it and became bored and still large with it all.. I have discovered the radio... no more depressing daytime tv. I turn on the music and dance, the cats think I'm crazy and as far as I know the neighbours haven't noticed. My fitbit steps are up and I get really out of breath... but absolutely love it. No special equipment to buy and no one to criticise, I feel happier and have muscles I haven't felt in years. Anyone else doing alternative fitness out there.? Would love to know what makes others fit.

Scribbles Wed 24-Oct-18 12:19:36

I've always danced in the kitchen ever since I can remember. It's not conscious effort; it just sort of happens if I'm in there and the radio's on playing music. And, yes, OH thinks I'm a bit bonkers.

paddyann Wed 24-Oct-18 12:43:36

I do Pilates and have a vibration plate machine and like Scribbles have always danced around the house .My GC call me daft granny because I used to cha cha up and down the hallway with them.OH and I like a wee smoochie dance too .

Fennel Wed 24-Oct-18 19:22:51

I used to dance while vacuuming. I would put a CD on with a jazzy rhythm.
Favourite: All Rock and Roll to me, Billy Joel.
Husband does the vacuuming now, but I still like that tune.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eAQa4MOGkE

Grannyboots1 Wed 24-Oct-18 19:31:43

I have been line dancing for over 20 years and I love it. Whilst helping to keep my weight down I have made lots of friends and have had a great social life as well.