Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

Spinning around....

(8 Posts)
Shirleyw Mon 29-Apr-19 05:56:13

Thought I'd attempt spinning class today lol.....booked in for this morning.....anyone else spin??......btw....I haven't been on a bike for donkeys years ??

tanith Mon 29-Apr-19 06:37:33

Ooh good luck with that, classes at my gym are really very intense I’d thought about but it would be too fast/hard for me.

EllanVannin Mon 29-Apr-19 08:22:29

Spin ?? I can do that every now and again without attending any classes. It's an" involuntary" movement that unfortunately many of us face at some point. Not nice.

Shirleyw Mon 29-Apr-19 11:37:26

Thanks...i did it, she showed me 'the ropes' and said it takes a few weeks to really get used to it and she said go at your own pace....i kept sitting on saddle but highering up the intensity , i never stood up and cycled like the experienced others....was pretty good workout sweated out a lot of 'poison' lol.....made up my mind to go a couple times a week....it helps having decent air conditioning there and i like the loud music lol....

shysal Mon 29-Apr-19 12:26:11

How is your backside feeling? I used to wear padded undershorts to lessen the awful tenderness. However, I did love the class, but it folded a couple of years ago.

Shirleyw Mon 29-Apr-19 12:39:33

Lol shysal , forgot to say I got saddle sore ??

Shirleyw Tue 30-Apr-19 17:36:18

Booked another session for Sunday morning lol....I want legs of steel lol...

shysal Tue 30-Apr-19 18:32:38

I hope you enjoy it again. Standing up on the pedals is hard but easier if you increase the intensity. You will soon have legs and buns of steel! smile