Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

What scales do you have?

(11 Posts)
Shirleyw Mon 29-Apr-19 18:44:40

My one's broke, think I bent back the wire bit when changing those silly little round flat batteries, I couldn't see an easy way for it to pop out so I went in with a knife lol.....tried to sort it but no, lol.....mine were John Lewis digital scales....any you'd recommend?......I'm not in a hurry as I get weighed once a week but I think scales are handy to keep tabs , also the rest of my family like to pop on them sometimes....

M0nica Mon 29-Apr-19 19:15:42

Cheapest I could get from Argus, I am cynical about these matters and think there is nothing to choose between any of them except price.

GrannyIris5 Tue 30-Apr-19 09:56:05

Aria, they connect by WiFi to my FitBit app

Shirleyw Mon 20-May-19 04:27:26

I got salter scales in the end off amazon.....

absent Mon 20-May-19 05:56:44

I have some digital scales in the bathroom but I cannot remember where they came from or why. I also cannot remember the last time I weighed myself. I have weighed my grandchildren a few times as they think it is enormous fun – kids are strange.

DoraMarr Mon 20-May-19 08:18:16

I have Salter scales. They’re wrong, mind, I can’t possibly be that heavy.

Greyduster Mon 20-May-19 08:56:01

I have some digital scales but since I changed the battery, they seem to make it up as they go along! I am thinking of going back to mechanical scales.

annodomini Mon 20-May-19 09:30:10

My electronic scales have told me I'm 17 POUNDS! I have to change the battery, but keep forgetting to buy one. hmm

MiniMoon Mon 20-May-19 09:42:56

My electric scales are gathering dust in a corner of my bathroom. They need a new battery but I never remember to buy one. I've been thinking of buying old fashioned mechanical scales instead.

toscalily Mon 20-May-19 09:56:52

Mr Tosca decided we needed some new scales from John Lewis. As he loves his technology these were super duper, digital, tell every fat molecule in your body sort. They did not seem to like our floors, not hard or level enough and never seemed to give an accurate reading. After a few months I persuaded him to give them away to a family member with flat enough floors. I brought out my old Salter, slightly battered very accurate scales from where I had hidden them, much better grin

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 20-May-19 10:01:58

I bought a cheap one (Salter) a few years ago. I can't get on with digital. Touch wood it hasn't let me down - yet. It doesn't have batteries so I suppose it has a 'spring mechanism' or something like that. I believe that the simpler the item the fewer parts is has which can go wrong.