Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

where do you keep your rebounder?

(16 Posts)
craftyone Sun 16-Jun-19 18:31:02

I have one, a bellicon, it is a good rebounder but I don`t use it because it takes up so much room. Right now it languishes in the garage, stood on its edge with the legs off. Its a great piece of kit, gentle on the joints and ankles and I want to remember to use it. There isn`t even room in the garage, my workshop is in there, my gardening stuff and my 2 bikes. Any ideas? I have 2 rooms downstairs, kitchen/dining and living room and a roomy hall

M0nica Sun 16-Jun-19 19:21:34

Will the garden fit a garden shed?

Alima Sun 16-Jun-19 19:28:13

Ahh, so that’s what one of those is, had to google it. Borrowed one from a friend once, she called it a trampette. Don’t think I actually used it before it went back. Could you hang it on it’s side from a wall or fence? Could cover it with a tarp. ( Ha, ha, that just corrected itself to twerp!) Do you have a flat roof you could keep it on? Bit of a faff getting up there to use it but would keep the neighbours entertained. Could you keep it on the lawn, light enough to move around to prevent brown spots. Just have to keep the foxes off it. Happy bounding.

Maggiemaybe Sun 16-Jun-19 19:33:45

Mine usually languishes in the cellar. But when I go through a bit of a virtuous phase, and have hauled it up the steps, it lives under the kitchen table for a few days until it’s banished again.

Gonegirl Sun 16-Jun-19 22:17:09

Lol about keeping it on a flat roof and entertaining the neighbours. ?

Ours went to the tip years ago.

BlueBelle Sun 16-Jun-19 22:48:02

No idea what one is so off to meet up with mr google

MawBroonsback Sun 16-Jun-19 23:11:39

Hattie thinks you should keep it in the garden!

www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/video-news/video-john-lewis-christmas-advert-2016-with-star-buster-the-boxer-dog-35204126.html
Always worth a second view

wildswan16 Mon 17-Jun-19 08:17:21

Hang it from the ceiling - you can use it as a hammock to gently swing on, then lower it to the floor to bounce on.

Blinko Mon 17-Jun-19 08:46:50

I too wondered what this was. Thanks, Alima, it's aka a trampette. Which makes me think of what used to be called 'a good time girl' - but just learning grin

janeainsworth Mon 17-Jun-19 08:49:12

blinkogrin

craftyone Mon 17-Jun-19 08:52:27

Thanks for replies, pinterest shows some covered and disguised as pouffes. I decided that I did not want it cluttering the house and have set it up in the midst of my garage workspace, did a bit of boing-ing last night but needed to put the side support bar on until I get my stability back. It is great exercise, I can still leave space between me and the surface when bouncing. I`ll have to leave it on its side from time to time but figured that getting some exercise was more important

It needs to last me so it will always stay indoors

Alima Mon 17-Jun-19 09:52:45

Blinko, wasn’t that tramp or strumpet?

shysal Mon 17-Jun-19 09:55:06

I doubt whether my pelvic floor muscles would cope with one!

Dottygran59 Mon 17-Jun-19 12:05:37

My pelvic floor muscles manage, it's my rather large boobs - Have to hold both of them as I'm boinging - mine lives in the spare bedroom with my vibration plate

Doodle Mon 17-Jun-19 13:48:22

With your what!!! dottygran ?

Blinko Wed 19-Jun-19 22:04:14

Alima, exactly!