Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

Fast800 and acid reflux

(8 Posts)
Aglassofroseplease Thu 05-Sep-19 23:41:14

Hi does anyone follow the fast800 who has acid reflux and a hiatus hernia? I’m wondering if it makes it better or worse? I’m taking 20 mg omeprazole as I had an ulcer, so my symptoms are reduced with it. I need to lose about 2 stone so I’m planning to start the fast 800 diet and am thinking I’ll do 2 days fast of 800 and on the other 5 days stick fairly closely to a Mediterranean type diet.
What’s other people’s experience of fast800?

Shirleyw Fri 06-Sep-19 06:54:33

I'd say you would need GP or a dietitian advice regarding doing the 800 with your hiatus.

The only experience I got of it is that I have the book and looked through it lol. I haven't actually done it....I shall try it out one of these days .

Aglassofroseplease Fri 06-Sep-19 09:57:36

Thanks Shirley. I asked my doctor about diets and she was fine about it. Although I didn’t mention 5:2 as I wasn’t thinking of doing 5:2 at the time I spoke to her. I’ve looked up Michael Mosleys list of health conditions that he advises people with against doing the fasts, and he doesn’t mention acid reflux etc so I’m going to try an 800 cal fast and see how I get on and take it a day at a time - if it helps shift the weight then that’s good ?

Shirleyw Fri 13-Sep-19 19:13:10

Let us know how you get on with it aglassofroseplease...good luck......Love your 'name' lol.

Gonegirl Fri 13-Sep-19 19:15:39

I find my stomach acid needs something to work on. My reflux gets worse when I am being serious abut my dieting.

I am sure the weight loss would help though. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't thing. hmm

jite788 Wed 06-Nov-19 14:45:54

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

curlybird Mon 08-Jun-20 16:02:55

just started fast 800 diet ..... any tips out there ? never followed a diet in my life before smile

BBbevan Mon 08-Jun-20 16:45:00

I had a acid reflux. Not anymore. I follow a low carb diet with no bread, pasta, cake, potatoes etc, cured it within a week. DH the same