Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

Slimming World

(8 Posts)
NanaandGrampy Sun 17-Nov-19 14:55:46

We have been going to SW for 11 months now . We stay every other week . The online app has everything you need and is easy to use .

Why not look around for a lunchtime class ? That would avoid the after work slump ?

Ps we’ve lost just over 6 stone between us ?

Oopsminty Sun 17-Nov-19 14:08:51

I lost 3 stone in 4 months when SW.

I'd had a very heavy baby and got into bad habits

Lots of women would just go to get weighed and would then leave

It's fine to do that

Purpledaffodil Sun 17-Nov-19 13:38:47

kazzerb have you thought of joining a club and just using it to weigh? I found the knowledge that I had that ahead, helped to keep me on track. There are a lot of websites with SW recipes on too. I tried staying to meetings but found the clapping and people talking about how many sausage rolls they’d eaten was mind numbing. Plus I understand all clubs are different and you might just find one which appeals. There was a similar thread about the online groups on a FB page I use and most posters felt it was very expensive for what you got.

merlotgran Sun 17-Nov-19 13:28:56

I lost two and a half stone doing WW online. It was easy to follow with plenty of varied recipes.

I signed up for a year then carried on following the lifestyle changes and have managed to lose another half a stone.

DD2 does Slimming World online. She's running the London Marathon next year and says it's a perfect diet because it's higher in carbs than WW.

glammanana Sun 17-Nov-19 12:40:20

MOnica Great minds me thinks

M0nica Sun 17-Nov-19 12:29:26

Slimming World is also available online.

If you want to follow their programme without attending the meetings you can do that.

Oh, essentially that is what glammanana has said.

glammanana Sun 17-Nov-19 11:49:01

I have tried the App and online help from my local consultant with no luck to be honest I found I needed the encouragement of the ladies in the class,a small group of about 6 of us got together and swapped idea's separately from the main group and it did make a difference.

kazzerb Sun 17-Nov-19 10:45:17

I have tried Slimming World several times, as well as WW and all the usual diet groups. The one thing I am not keen on is the meetings. I would have to attend after work in the evening and really can not stand the thought of sitting listening to an hour's worth of chat. I know I sound miserable and anti social but after a busy day at work, I just want to get home. Has any one tried SW online ? If so, is the app any good ? TIA