Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

Everything anti-ageing

(15 Posts)
mamagran Wed 18-Dec-19 09:48:04

Hello everyone! I figured I would start a thread where everyone can contribute advice and useful links to anti-ageing anything! Food, remedies, you name it. I've been looking around the forum for something like this and could not find what I was looking for.
I noticed that this a wonderful community of people willing to talk so, please!
Here are some useful links that I have found, if you have your own opinions, let's talk! smile
www.mindbodygreen.com/0-17087/antiaging-foods-for-vibrant-skin.html
www.guardiancarers.co.uk/care-news/anti-ageing-foods
www.aging.com/tips-to-age-beautifully/

HettyMaud Tue 24-Dec-19 19:31:41

I just think the more natural something is the better for you. Veg, meat, cosmetics..... the fewer chemicals they contain the better. We eat organic veg, very little meat and organic cheese and milk. I try to use cosmetics that are as natural as possible. Other advice is not to sunbathe, don't smoke, don't drink too much alcohol, exercise as much as you can. I think that's as much as you can do to help yourself. The rest is down to genes.

LullyDully Wed 25-Dec-19 08:50:48

I am what I am. No problem.

notanan2 Wed 25-Dec-19 09:00:58

I dont want to be younger.

I want to be healthy
I think healthy people look good.
I dont buy into "anti-aging" anything!

Elegran Wed 25-Dec-19 09:20:35

A smile and a positive attitude works wonders and costs little.

wildswan16 Wed 25-Dec-19 09:38:33

I'm sure we are supposed to "age". It's natural. Obviously I want to keep myself healthy as possible, in order not to overburden my relatives or the NHS having to look after me. But "anti-aging" stuff is mainly a money making exercise.

If we all lived all our life sensibly, ate less, didn't cake on chemical products onto our faces and into our bodies, didn't inhale nasty smoke (or the chemicals in e-cigs), etc etc then we would age as we are supposed to.

I suppose a lot of people would say that was a boring way to live, but that is an individual's choice.

Stop worrying about getting older, and enjoy the age you're at.

Teetime Wed 25-Dec-19 09:57:38

Sex and plenty of it. tchsmile

HettyMaud Fri 27-Dec-19 19:41:31

Stay slim and wear colour, not beige.

MawB Fri 27-Dec-19 19:45:06

Anti-ageing is such a misleading term, but I know what you mean!
I think mental attitude is the main thing, we all know people who act old way ahead of their time and others who stun and inspire us by their energy, PMA and zest for life.
That is what I think makes all the difference.

Barmeyoldbat Fri 27-Dec-19 20:29:34

Fresh air, having young people around you and sharing their interests. Eat healthy, a zest for life and a bit of help from Boots anti wrinkle cream.

Hetty58 Fri 27-Dec-19 20:50:29

There's no point in fighting a losing battle! I am ageing, everyone is.

It has been proved that moisturisers have no long-term benefits. We use them to prevent the dry skin feeling and that's fine, but skin cells are constantly being replaced and flaking off.

All of our body cells are replaced, on average, in seven years. A healthy diet and exercise, along with a positive attitude, has to be the most important thing.

MartineMagali Sun 14-Jun-20 12:25:47

I fully agree with HettyMaud's two comments. Plus taking care to sleep well and looking for fun and challenging company.

Maggiemaybe Sun 14-Jun-20 12:59:41

Keeping your body and mind as healthy as possible at any age is vital. I’ve discovered Fabulous50s during lockdown. My 50s are sadly a distant memory now, but I love it. smile The free exercise videos are great and there are lots of them, from quick 5 minute arm toners to 30 minute full body workouts. Schellea (she’s Australian) doesn’t patronise or over-enthuse and the healthy lifestyle tips I’ve looked at on her blog are full of common sense. All free, of course.

I haven’t ventured into her style and make-up tips yet, as that’s not something I’m overly fussed about.

Maggiemaybe Sun 14-Jun-20 13:01:03

fabulous50s.co/

Davida1968 Sun 14-Jun-20 13:05:48

Good advice from HettyMaud. We are eating more fresh food (weekly delivery from farm shop) and buying no c**p. Definitely think we are healthier for it. IMO it's important to be healthy - nothing else really matters as regards "anti-ageing".....