Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

Excercise videos

(10 Posts)
tanith Wed 18-Mar-20 07:28:16

I intend to walk every day and I have hand weights and bands here I’ve looked for a 15 min excercise video online I can follow keep coming up with the ones from the USA which I don’t like.
Any recommendations for nice friendly videos I can follow?

MiniMoon Wed 18-Mar-20 10:01:38

I like this one tanith. I know he's American, but the excersises are really good, and you do feel like you've had a workout at the end of the fifteen minutes.
He uses water bottles, but I never have those, so use two tins of beans or soup instead.
youtu.be/TG8wyDnWELM

SadafGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 18-Mar-20 11:05:30

tanith great to see you are making the best of things! Do take a look at our strength training page www.gransnet.com/health/strength-training for exercises you can do at home. Happy exercising!

CathTheWise Wed 18-Mar-20 12:00:27

I love Jillian Michaels and her videos, she is American but still her workouts are good!

Nellie098 Wed 18-Mar-20 13:05:30

On Youtube I follow Lesley Sansome's walk a mile nearly every day as they are only 15-20 minute slots but of course you can do several at once. She only has 4 simple steps so no learning a routine. If you walk a lot you may find it a bit slow or boring but it is enough for me.

tanith Wed 18-Mar-20 13:24:04

Thanks everyone I'll take a look

wildswan16 Wed 18-Mar-20 14:08:19

I sometimes use Lesley Sansom's walk a mile video - but I do wish there was a UK one. Surely someone in this country has produced something similar? Nothing against Americans but the accent gets a little tiresome at times !

I have just frozen my gym membership so need some encouragement at home.

mrswoo Wed 18-Mar-20 14:36:27

I did the Walk a Mile video for the first time this morning and must agree Lesley Sansom is a touch irritating. However, I found it cheered me up so I will definitely do it again.
I’m not desperately sporty but love my weekly Zumba Gold session. Anyone know of any online Zumba videos to follow? Uk based would be good.

vegansrock Wed 18-Mar-20 15:04:31

There is a lady on Youtube who does a 15 minute a day pilates and a goos yoga one. Ill try to track down the links

ayse Wed 18-Mar-20 15:14:00

The NHS has some videos, Zumba, Pilates, Yoga. I only found them by accident and haven’t investigated yet. Might be worth a look?