Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

Vibrapower fitness equipment.

(14 Posts)
shysal Sat 04-Jul-20 12:48:57

I have just been watching this on the Ideal World TV channel. I am used to exercise but this vibrating platform claims to work up to 100% of the muscles from only 3 minutes a day. I have put on weight during lock down (baking too much) so have cut down on the carbs and need to do more than my daily walk and 10 minute video.
Anyone used a vibration plate? I suffer from vertigo (BPPV) and wonder whether it might make me dizzy.
All comments welcome please.

Furret Sat 04-Jul-20 12:54:29

Don’t use if you have any joint issues eg arthritis

Charleygirl5 Sat 04-Jul-20 13:09:35

Certainly do not use it if you have had a joint replaced because slowly it will loosen the new joint.

MayBee70 Sat 04-Jul-20 13:12:35

I’m thinking of getting one as I won’t be going to the gym for the foreseeable future. There was a thread about them recently. I never used one at the gym as you had to ask someone how to use them and I didn’t like to ask.

shysal Sat 04-Jul-20 13:20:17

Thank you for the comments.
There are extra free accessories on this offer, including a seat, so thought I would take advantage of 4 easy payments too. Just hope they won't sell out before I decide.
I do have Rheumatoid Arthritis but it is controlled well with mediction.
I will search for the recent thread.

MayBee70 Wed 08-Jul-20 20:30:51

Have you ordered one, shysal? I’d love to know how you get on with it if you do.

shysal Fri 10-Jul-20 11:30:10

I have ordered one, it is on its way! There is a money-back guarantee so nothing lost if I don't get on with it.

MayBee70 Fri 10-Jul-20 23:22:34

Great. Can’t wait to see how you get one with it.

Shinamae Tue 04-Aug-20 09:27:11

I did the thread on this awhile ago as I was dusting off my vibration plate i used it for a couple of weeks but I’ve had pains in my legs and wondered if it was due to using the vibration plate but having not used it for a week I still have the pains in my legs so will be getting back on it,not sure if it’s a weight loss tool but I don’t think it can do any harm at all as long as others have said you do not have replacement parts in your body!

craftyone Wed 28-Oct-20 12:42:42

I had a very nice one from ideal world, 4 years ago. I used it a few times and brought it to my new house. It was useless tbh, there is no quick fix. I took it apart and it went to the recycling tip. I do not believe it is a weight loss tool at all. At the end of the day energy in needs to be < energy out in order to loose weight. Stark facts but there it is

Fuchsiarose Wed 28-Oct-20 13:11:28

Dont bother with this item. Its vibration is just mainly oscillating. It doesnt work. The best one is cross vibration. Think it's by JTX Fitness. Last time I looked it was about 200 pounds. The oscillating type do very little for toning and weight loss

Bluebellwould Wed 28-Oct-20 13:34:03

It’s very good for putting washing on ?

Skallagrigg Mon 11-Jan-21 14:17:46

Does anyone remember toning tables a few years back. Use to have them in the gym I used. I used the relaxation one after my workout, but others used them all the time, 8mins on each. Happy days.

Trish55 Thu 05-Aug-21 09:11:38

I loved the toning tables. They gave you exercise without straining yourself