Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

Swimming

(10 Posts)
Sunlover Mon 03-Aug-20 13:37:30

Just back from my first post lockdown swim. It was bliss to sink into the cool water. Managed 20 lengths. Before lockdown I could do 50 on a good day. Will try for 25 next time.
All was very well organised. Arrived pool ready and just put a towelling robe on to come home and shower. Numbers are limited and you have to book. Actually thought it was better than before. X

GagaJo Mon 03-Aug-20 13:38:30

I'm envious. I won't dare to do it for a while though. LOVE the water.

Toadinthehole Tue 04-Aug-20 12:35:56

I’m jealous ?. Our pool isn’t open yet, but feel it’s imminent looking at the leisure centre site. Can’t wait to get back in. It sounds like it’s going to be better than before, apart from perhaps having to go home wet! Numbers will be limited...no one under 16, just swimmers with their own piece of lane for 50 minutes....bliss. Bring it on?

Whitewavemark2 Tue 04-Aug-20 12:37:35

I thought that I read today that it wasn’t safe to swim with anyone outside of your family bubble?

Sunlover Wed 05-Aug-20 10:27:18

Think that’s in hotel pools on holiday. Double width lanes and reduced numbers at my gym. I had a lane to myself. Off again later for another swim.

DouglasJohnsonJr Fri 05-Mar-21 07:41:23

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

M0nica Fri 05-Mar-21 08:18:27

*Outdoor swimming pools and lidos plus open water venues will be allowed to open from Monday 29 March.
From Monday 12 April, indoor pools can reopen for individual use or within household groups.*

This is for England and the rules in Scotland and Wales are similar

I can only assume Sunlover doesn't live in the UK.

Alygran Fri 05-Mar-21 08:43:55

The op is last August

Sunlover Fri 05-Mar-21 09:10:57

Yes my post was from August 2029 when indoor pools were open.
Hoping to get back in the water in April. ?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️

M0nica Fri 05-Mar-21 11:38:14

Sorry, should have checked date of OP.

It is just that DD goes swimming 4-5 time a week and, for her, the biggest struggle with Lockdown has been not swimming, and I thought possibly someone knew something she didn't.