Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

Return to exercise class

(6 Posts)
Sunlover Mon 03-Aug-20 22:00:39

Yes back to classes last week. Smaller and shorter classes to allow for distancing and cleaning. Was all very well organised. Was hard work after 5 months off!!
Went swimming today. Was wonderful. Numbers are limited and you have to book. Actually prefer it to before lockdown as less busy.

hallgreenmiss Mon 03-Aug-20 21:44:52

Absolutely! Couldn’t wait to get back to classes. My gym is running a limited programme of classes, reduced numbers, marked out sections, doors open. Lots of sanitising stuff. Feels as safe as any supermarket. Wonderful to be back.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 03-Aug-20 20:37:16

I am back at the gym, feel safe. Social distancing, sanitising. In the classes we have marked out circles to stay in which are sanitised after each class.

Personal training all good ??

toscalily Mon 03-Aug-20 20:21:29

I seldom used the actual gym but attended two or three classes a week for Yoga & Pilates, used the swimming pool and of course the changing rooms. The list of restrictions and complicated booking system which will now be in place made it unappealing and I definitely would not feel very safe being over 70. I cancelled my gym membership as soon as I was notified they were re-opening which they accepted without question. I think you have to ask yourself how vulnerable would you now feel in a class of 10/20 people in an enclosed space, getting hot & sweaty?

tanith Mon 03-Aug-20 19:00:00

My gym opened on Monday but I’ve suspended for another 2 mths I don’t feel happy to go yet.

kangaroo73 Mon 03-Aug-20 18:32:08

Has anybody dared to go to a class? My qigong class is reopening shortly. Just can’t decide whether it’ll be safe as I’m over 70. The instructor will be taking all the necessary precautions but can’t decide whether it’s just a bit too soon