Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

Linda Sansome YouTube

(15 Posts)
Skallagrigg Sun 10-Jan-21 15:03:44

If you are looking for a exercise routine I would recommend this lady. They are easy to follow, different routines to suit beginners to more advanced, and best of all do not need loads of room. Hope this suggestion helps if your struggling to get motivated. I have been doing them since first lockdown.

lemsip Sun 10-Jan-21 15:11:19

Do you mean Leslie Sansome on you tube?

Walk at Home by Leslie Sansone at your own pace.

Skallagrigg Sun 10-Jan-21 15:20:06

Sorry yes I did, Thanks for pointing that out. Got Lockdown head

lemsip Sun 10-Jan-21 16:21:53

I really enjoy doing these, the good thing is that you can have a quick sit down if you want then continue! lol

Shirleyw Mon 11-Jan-21 03:19:43

Yes, I like her.....voice might grate on one after a while but she is very upbeat and I like the routines. The only thing with the you tube it stops for ads more now.

Patsy70 Tue 12-Jan-21 11:23:10

Thank you for the recommendation. I’ve just done this and really enjoyed it (apart from the voice!)

Shinamae Tue 12-Jan-21 18:48:04

Was just going to start a thread asking for recommendations for a bit of home exercise .......will try this

Patsy70 Wed 13-Jan-21 15:59:58

All recommendations very welcome. ?

Gransey Wed 13-Jan-21 16:17:28

I love that these workouts are completely free. Just need to try and make sure I do them every day instead of making excuses.

Loulou31 Mon 01-Feb-21 11:26:36

I like yes2next on YouTube, walking exercise videos the lady does with her mum, also Curtis Adams on YouTube too. 10min videos up to 30 mins on both

Nellie098 Mon 01-Feb-21 11:54:43

I guess it's because the videos are short and rather daft that most days I warm up with Mr. Motivator. Can't believe he is still going. Jenny Ford now does walking videos and it was rather sad to see her Youtube video about how she had a condition that left her bedridden for two years. I did wonder why she looked very young a few years ago and then seemed to age a bit more than expected. Also, and if you add background music, try Lively Ladies with Patricia from Ireland. When I work out with her I feel like I'm on fire and it's hard to believe by looking at her that she is so fit. Finally I am addicted to a couple of short dance work outs by Mundo Guyi especially La Gozadera, (I think that's how it's spelt). It feeds my endorphins, I like the group in the video and it always makes me feel so happy, weird I know. Even so Lesley Sansome is still my favourite.

Dottygran59 Wed 17-Mar-21 12:15:01

I can highly recommend Rick Bhullar on youtube - his routines are based on steps, for those of us with fitness trackers. I recently bought my DGD one and found him on youtube to get us started - he does a 1000 steps in 7 mins - brilliant. I did Leslie Sansone exercises for 15 years and loved them, apart from the incessant talking, however I have been doing Rick Bhullar routines for the past few weeks and really have noticed a difference in my fitness

Dottygran59 Wed 17-Mar-21 12:16:51

Just to add, I've recommended him to my SIL and she is equally impressed - I am WFH do several 7 min workouts during the day - just done a 15 min standing abs workout - much prefer them to crunches lying down, they hurt my neck!!

Shirleyw Wed 17-Mar-21 18:49:56

Shall take a look dottygran, you sound quite disciplined with your fitness.routines...I walk a lot but im not very disciplined doing a workout routine....I'm a starter and stopper....

Newatthis Wed 17-Mar-21 18:57:17

Been doing Leslie Sansome now for a number of weeks and loving it. I have a lot of mobility problems but now up to a more advanced work out.