Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

Lockdown Lard

(10 Posts)
BigBertha1 Mon 15-Feb-21 09:58:25

Well I finally got on the scales and I have put on a lot of weight. I badly need to shift this but lack motivation. Is anyone else in this position and what are you doing about it? Anyone fancy joining a support group with me?

Aldom Mon 15-Feb-21 10:24:16

A support group already exists Bigbertha1. It's called I'm a Pear. You can find it in Dieting and exercise. Seems to be a very supportive group.

AGAA4 Mon 15-Feb-21 16:32:43

I had been walking every day since the March lockdown and found that I wasn't putting on weight despite eating more. In December I had a sore knee and had to ditch the walks and the weight started piling on.
The knee has been better for 3 weeks now and back to walking and losing a bit of weight too.

Whiff Thu 18-Feb-21 10:54:54

BigBerthal Aldom is right. Go onto pears sequel . We are a friendly bunch . NanKate started a great thing with this thread. I have found nothing but help and support. No one is nasty . You don't have to say how much you weight or anything. Have a read and you will see we are a varied bunch. But friendly and don't just talk about dieting.

Shinamae Thu 18-Feb-21 10:56:22

I need some support as well but I am not a pear I am an apple ?

Whiff Thu 18-Feb-21 13:23:36

Shinamae apple, pear ,melon any shape is welcome. Have a read of the thread you will see we are a varied bunch. I was very glad the day I read it and have made wonderful friends

Esspee Thu 18-Feb-21 13:30:37

BigBertha are you sure you are weighing yourself correctly?

Shinamae Thu 18-Feb-21 18:50:23

Will do whiff...thanks..??

DouglasJohnsonJr Fri 05-Mar-21 07:45:03

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

BigBertha1 Fri 05-Mar-21 09:50:03

Thank you Espee.