Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

Nee diet and moodiness?

(10 Posts)
lucylinie21 Fri 26-Mar-21 16:15:23

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

M0nica Fri 26-Mar-21 16:21:26

Do you mean new diet? Which one are you on and what was your diet like before.

Jaxjacky Fri 26-Mar-21 16:55:55

Are you having the shakes and foods provided lucylinie21? As it’s not available in the UK it’s difficult to read reviews, it looks like shakes and very processed foods. Not very healthy and quite unsustainable.

janeainsworth Fri 26-Mar-21 17:08:39

I was ‘denied access’ to the nutrisystem website but found this
www.verywellfit.com/nutrisystem-weight-loss-program-review-3496192
It looks quite interesting but expensive long-term.
Sorry that doesn’t answer your question OP but if you are eating very differently from what you are used to, that could explain your mood swings.

wildswan16 Fri 26-Mar-21 17:51:21

I think this is a "food delivery" programme, is that right? To be honest you would be better off, nutritionally and financially, to start preparing healthy meals for yourself. You will have to do that eventually so why not start now.

You will certainly notice a difference in your general well-being and emotions if you suddenly change your diet substantially.

Redhead56 Fri 26-Mar-21 18:50:46

It sounds to me it’s ready made supposedly nutritionally balanced meals. I personally never eat ready meals maybe that is what’s causing mood swings. It would better if you made your own meals and measure them out into portions. Protein with veg or grains less carbs and it would be less expensive.

lucylinie21 Sat 27-Mar-21 09:23:14

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Aveline Sat 27-Mar-21 10:35:05

I'm currently trying a new system which has worked wonder for dear SiL. It took a few days to get used to but now it's fine and seems to be working well. However, I was aware that a couple of days in I felt a bit odd. Can't say exactly what but it felt like my metabolism was noticing a big change in my eating habits. It all settle the next day.
Am happily sticking with it in combination with my Fitbit which tells me exactly how many calories I expend each day.

Aveline Sat 27-Mar-21 10:36:10

I seem to be typing pidgin English! I wish I'd previewed before posting.

zalifiahw Thu 01-Jul-21 10:02:08

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.