Gransnet forums

Dieting & exercise

Can you recommend a blender for smoothies please?

(10 Posts)
Shinamae Sun 07-Nov-21 12:24:17

My nutribullit has become very noisy and is starting to leak, I was looking to replace it on Amazon but the nutribullit seems to have got some bad reviews so I looked at the ninja and that doesn’t seem to be much better so personal recommendations would help, thank you in anticipation

Welshwife Sun 07-Nov-21 12:53:17

The blende I have is a Vitamix. They are very expensive - I paid almost £400 but that was over ten years ago and it is still going strong. It is extremely powerful and has a much larger capacity jug than many blenders. You can put apple cores of apples in and they are completely blended into oblivion!

Whiff Sun 07-Nov-21 14:08:59

I use a stick blender by cookworks. It brilliant. Even chops whole nuts. Lots of speed settings and comes with beaker . But I use it for my soup and blend in the saucepan. Smoothies I do in a measuring jug. Not used a fruit or vegetable it can't blend yet. Also it's not expensive had mine from Argos

JaneJudge Sun 07-Nov-21 14:15:17

I have this one it is a chopper and whisk as well and perfectly adequate smile

3dognight Sun 07-Nov-21 14:21:30

Cookworks stick blender for me too.
Used almost daily for soups, smoothies, Yorkshire puds, pesto for example. I think it cost a tenner and lasted fifteen years before it broke.

Chardy Sun 07-Nov-21 18:44:30

An ordinary blender for me too. I had a smoothie maker and cleaning it was a nightmare

Shinamae Thu 11-Nov-21 12:53:26

Thank you all,I have gone for a neutri bullet 900 made the first batch today and it’s nice.. they are very noisy though ?

CafeAuLait Thu 11-Nov-21 21:30:35

I really like the Nutri Ninja. I've had several different kinds now. When the Nutri Ninja eventually breaks down (as they all do one day), I will get another one immediately.

Redhead56 Thu 11-Nov-21 21:36:24

Amazon basics it basic easy to clean and cheap.

Allsorts Thu 11-Nov-21 21:43:40

Love my little Sainsbury’s basic stick blender.