Gransnet forums

Discount codes/offers

marks & spencer sparks card

(8 Posts)
sally21 Mon 30-May-16 13:19:29

Why has there been no real fuss over M & S's pointless loyalty card? I have 55,000+ sparks. I've given up looking for the offers as there are rarely any I really want to use - and I'd end up just buying stuff for the sake of the discounts. Added to that, all the responsibility for taking up the offers is passed back to the customer. In fact, the whole sparks thing just makes me annoyed. I wonder what the take up actually is.

Jayh Mon 30-May-16 13:53:57

There was a thread once about this, I think. I agree that it is more trouble than it is worth. I was buying bed linen last week and the assistant at the till said I was due a discount because of my sparks card but had to activate it online. Who knew? She did sort it out for me though and I got 20% off. When I do look online, I am not squally interested in any of the offers so I don't check regularly.

winifred01 Mon 30-May-16 16:17:31

I agree ,waste of time. Last time I looked offer was 20% off eggs. I do not go to M& S for eggs!

NanKate Mon 30-May-16 17:35:39

I have written and complained to M and S about their useless Sparks Card. Heard nothing back.

One of the assistants told me they were having a meeting where the topic of Sparks Cards would come up. I told her what I thought about them and she was not at all surprised.

I think they will fade away.

I hear you can't get a free Loyalty coffee anymore more now they have sparks.

Happy57 Wed 08-Jun-16 15:48:31

I usually get my eggs at M&S. They have the cheapest free range ones I see at 85p for a box of 6 in mixed sizes. Bigger boxes and specified sizes cost disproportionally more, though.

I also know someone who won one of their competitions, which included free travel and a night in an expensive hotel for 2. All it took was a click to enter - definitely worth it.

It's not that much trouble to click on the offers you want once a fortnight, although I've only really used them when the discount is on food.

Teetime Wed 08-Jun-16 15:50:08

Chucked it in the bin weeks ago.

Jane10 Wed 08-Jun-16 16:22:09

Even the M&S staff admit the Sparks card is pretty useless. One did tell me that 'the management' were aware they weren't very popular and were taking steps to improve it. Time will tell. Meanwhile I love my Boots advantage card :-)

janeainsworth Wed 08-Jun-16 19:40:03

Yes Jane the Boots card is amazing. I don't shop at Boots much but had managed to acquire £60 worth of points without seeming to have spent very much at all shock

I shop in M&S even less, but last time I went in, I bought some children's clothes and got a £5 discount with my receipt, which promptly went towards a very nice summer coat. So you don't have to have the Sparks card to get discounts anyway confused