Gransnet forums

Education

Future Learn Italian

(12 Posts)
NonnaW Thu 09-Jun-16 12:33:24

Hi, a while back I saw a post in which several people mentioned they were about to start the Italian course. I just wondered how you were all getting on with it, as I have expressed an interest in a future course?

imemilyalice Thu 01-Sep-16 11:14:01

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Pittcity Thu 01-Sep-16 13:55:25

I started it but found it difficult to take in. I have signed up for a local class instead as I think languages are easier with a group to chat with and structured learning.
Futurelearn is good if you are disciplined but I am easily distracted.

suzied Thu 01-Sep-16 14:12:55

I enjoyed it and finished it , but I have done Italian classes before so I knew a some of the vocab and my grammar improved. It's better to go to classes as then you get practice in speaking which you don't get in an online course.

NonnaW Thu 01-Sep-16 17:19:23

Oh well I'm due to start on Monday. Not very self disciplined so I will have to try to set aside set times for it. Fingers crossed!

Deedaa Sun 04-Sep-16 21:39:07

I regret to say that I haven't done anything with it yet because of problems with the sound on our computer!

wot Sun 04-Sep-16 21:45:39

I'm starting on Monday too. Difficult without others in a class but bound to learn something from it!

NonnaW Sun 04-Sep-16 21:55:21

It will be interesting anyway. I'm quite looking forward to it but it wifi be odd, studying without others an a 'class'. Maybe we can encourage each other wot.

wot Sun 04-Sep-16 22:51:03

Okay!!

NonnaW Mon 05-Sep-16 19:20:28

Wellies started the Italian course, finding it quite interesting so far. Definitely need me a notebook though, for vocabulary and grammar!

NonnaW Tue 06-Sep-16 18:04:39

Wellies? I meant of course, 'well I started' !

jura2 Sun 29-Oct-17 14:14:53

About time I started again. I was doing an A'Level course in UK before we moved here- and I can get on pretty well. I'd really like to continue, but the courses run in my area are for beginners only. I was hoping to join our local 'Lycée' (6th Form) but they stopped running the Italian course last year.

Perhaps time to go on an intensive course in Italy- perhaps at the adult University of Perugia.