Gransnet forums

Education

Faith schools and otehr issues - government consultation

(3 Posts)
Luckygirl Tue 22-Nov-16 16:48:57

consult.education.gov.uk/school-frameworks/schools-that-work-for-everyone/consultation/intro/

Gransnetters with an interest in this subject might like to think about making their views known on this link to a government consultation which ends on 12th December.

One of the issues that concerns me is the fact that, in their attempt to create more "Free Schools" they are encouraging faith schools and propose to change the rules so that faith schools do not have to take 50% of those from other religions or none, but can now have a 100% one faith intake.

Some of the questions in the consultation ask how the government can encourage and monitor a multi-faith education in these new one faith schools! Crazy or what? - why not simply have multi-faith schools?

The government PREVENT policy is compulsory in schools in an attempt to reduce radicalisation - and then they come up with this barmy idea! Sigh.

Luckygirl Tue 22-Nov-16 16:51:09

How annoying is it when you make a fat finger mistake on a thread title?! - it is stuck up there now! Sorry folks!

daphnedill Tue 22-Nov-16 18:31:12

Thanks for the link. I'll read it later and probably reply - for all the good it will do. I think some intense lobbying of MPs, etc is needed. I agree with you. This is going to end in tears. As far as I'm concerned, faith schools have no place in a modern society and are used as a means of 'backdoor' selection.

I was reading somewhere or other that Trump has arranged meetings with Creationist school groups. We already have some in the UK. Free schools and relaxing of the rules will lead to a free-for-all nightmare. Children need to be saved from this kind of thing, not have it indoctrinated.

I really fear for the kind of world we are creating.