Gransnet forums

Education

Secondary school choices in London

(9 Posts)
welbeck Tue 29-Sep-20 01:08:46

MN is good on this sort of thing, much more traffic and recent experiences.
if it was me, i would choose PH, as AB is an ugly building in my view. unless she likes brutalism.
what about camden school for girls. or la sainte union.
good luck.

MissAdventure Mon 28-Sep-20 23:37:27

Oh, good, thanks.
Hope you find some inside info.
Good luck! smile

Taita Mon 28-Sep-20 23:33:05

Acland Burghley did have an open day however Parliament Hill cancelled its open day and will I believe have a virtual tour. I'll try Mumsnet as you suggest. Thank you again and you were not abrupt!

MissAdventure Mon 28-Sep-20 23:20:03

Sorry, I sounded a bit abrupt, and I didn't mean to.
I wonder if you asked on mumsnet? I'm sure there must be parents who might be able to help.

Kamiso Mon 28-Sep-20 23:13:20

Are they having open evenings? We found chatting to the pupils showing us around very informative though I guess they are likely to be the more cooperative youngsters. I guess COVID might alter things.

Taita Mon 28-Sep-20 23:00:41

I have had a look at their websites and their Ofsted reports but was hoping to information based on pupil and parental experience of these schools. Thank you for responding.

MissAdventure Mon 28-Sep-20 22:51:49

Both schools have websites, with their latest Ofsted reports available to read.

Kamiso Mon 28-Sep-20 22:50:06

You probably need to ask on local sites. Perhaps your local Freegle group. They have a chat section.

Good luck.

Taita Mon 28-Sep-20 22:39:23

My grand daughter has to list possible schools for her secondary education. I was wondering if there is any useful information about teaching, learning and the ethos of Acland Burghley and Parliament Hill secondary schools that anyone can share?