Gransnet forums

Education

Excellent scores for UK in international educational achievement ratings.

(6 Posts)
Mamie Tue 08-Sept-26 10:23:25

So good to see the UK doing so well in the latest PISA results. Our schools seem to receive a lot of criticism from some, but achieving results in the top ten countries is very good news.
www.oecd.org/en/publications/2026/09/pisa-2025-results-volume-i_5265bfb1.html

Chocolatelovinggran Tue 08-Sept-26 11:36:46

Indeed. We can feel very proud of our teachers and pupils

PamelaJ1 Tue 08-Sept-26 15:58:12

Good news👏🏻👏🏻

Magenta8 Tue 08-Sept-26 16:09:32

I have noticed a great improvement in the standard of education my GCs receive, at their various state schools, compared with the education my DCs received at their state schools.

Cumbrianmale56 Sun 27-Sept-26 14:51:22

I think the much maligned comprehensive system has really improved over the decades. A school near me that used to have a really bad reputation( I attended for 2 years when it was merged with 2 others) now has a very good reputation locally.

Cossy Sun 27-Sept-26 15:25:28

Excellent news and long may it last.

Hats of to strong dedicated Heads and all their teams and staff thanks