(1001 Posts)
Smileless2012 Sun 26-Apr-20 14:05:51

Come on ladies, get postingsmile

Starblaze Sun 11-Oct-20 18:12:44

I have a glass of wine with dinner today, much deserved I think

Smileless2012 Sun 11-Oct-20 18:12:06

So dear friends; get ready

Smileless2012 Sun 11-Oct-20 18:11:32

My thanks to you all for your support, understanding and the laughs that we share.

Smileless2012 Sun 11-Oct-20 18:11:02

Another support thread about to end.

Smileless2012 Sun 11-Oct-20 18:10:10

Well 'cheers' PFwine I'm enjoying a glass while I cook our evening mean; gammon, pineapple, cauliflower, peas and white sauce.

One of ES's favourites.

PetitFromage Sun 11-Oct-20 17:55:44

I had my chakras cleansed on Friday grin. I don't know if it works or is just a placebo but, since I feel so much better, I guess it doesn't really matter. I am halfway through watching Casablanca, curled up with DD2 and dog on the sofa (who takes up most of it!) under a blanket with a glass of wine.

A happy evening to you all and wishing you a good week ahead.

3nanny6 Sun 11-Oct-20 17:16:42

Smileless2012
Glad you liked the summary and made some sense of the interpretation of the dream about your son.

I will be keeping the books handy and that' s the reason I often keep books etc; my motto being You never know when something will come in useful.
Pleased I went looking for my books because I found all my Angel therapy cards and some crystals and last night spent a couple of hours enjoying my attempts to do myself an Angel card reading (something I have not fully mastered) but it was fun.

Smileless2012 Sun 11-Oct-20 15:30:25

Yes, a very good summary of the differences between Freud and Jung. Go to the top of the class 3nanny.

Thank you for taking the time to not only find your books but blow the dust off them, and for the interpretationsmile. It makes perfect sense.

I think you could take up a bit of therapy. Keep those books handy.

3nanny6 Sun 11-Oct-20 14:50:48

Hi all hope everyone is well.
I was looking through all my cupboards yesterday for my books and to be honest I did not realize I had so much stuff collecting dust.

Smileless2012 and I think Hugs help were interested in the dreams.
Firstly I came across one of my books about Freud. I expect you are aware that Freud and Jung were friends until their business partnership ended over their differences in beliefs.
Jung agreed with Freud that dreams could be retrospective in that they reflect events in childhood but also believed that dreams could anticipate what could occur in the future.
They disagreed as Freud only observed the external aspects of a persons dream rather than digging deeper and looking at both objective and subjective content.
Personally for myself I do believe that dreams can anticipate what could occur in the future.

Smileless2012 I came up with one account for your first dream about seeing your son and he was younger.
Your son in your dreams symbolizes the part of yourself that is still youthful and hopeful. It symbolizes your still untapped potential and your ideas for the future. Your son
is basically the part of you that is still young, All the hopes that you have for your son in real life also apply to you, even if only subconsciously.

I think you are dreaming more about your son lately associated with the sad loss of your mother and much of this you are processing in your subconscious. In the healing process that comes with grief your dreams will possibly not so much focus on your son and his family.

I think perhaps I could take up a bit of therapy (ha ha)
I am going to walk the dog in about half an hour the best therapy in the world for me.
All have a good day.

Starblaze Sun 11-Oct-20 14:04:48

Glad you could do that right now Madgran things seem to be heading down hill fast and that's a real worry for those who need support.

I thought you meant you had a break from GN... sometimes has its own merits lol

Smileless2012 Sun 11-Oct-20 13:57:57

I hope your relative is OK Madgran.

Well I've rinsed my hair and added the conditioner. My cat loves the scent so no doubt I'll get his version of an Indian head massage later and even better ....... no more greygrin.

Madgran77 Sun 11-Oct-20 13:06:35

Thankyou Starblaze

The travels were to support a relative Smileless but yes any change of scene seems quite nice at the moment. I suspect that Boris's announcement tomorrow is going to mean a lot of places put in to Level 2 so no in house mixing ...so changes of scene somewhat reduced I think!!

Hair ...ah well, my use of henna means I dont have to face those "odours" ...but I know what you mean, a friend of mine uses a very odd smelling colour!!

Smileless2012 Sun 11-Oct-20 12:46:30

Yes it was a bit Madgran. So you've been off on your travels; hope you had a good time. It's good to get away and have a change of scene.

Wonder if Chewbacca's got her canoe yetgrin.

I'm sitting here omitting a rather unpleasant odour ....... I've just put a colour on my hairgrin. Mr. S. is highly amused but I'll have the last laugh when I've rinsed it off, and look beautiful; well at least with no grey.

Starblaze Sun 11-Oct-20 12:14:09

Good to see you back Madgran

Madgran77 Sun 11-Oct-20 11:38:21

Hi all, had a bit of a break for a few days from GN so just popping in. Hope everyone is ok.

Flooding - seen a lot of it in our travels but been lucky and not got it in our garden. Funnily enough, we actually saw someone canoeing on a flooded field the other day from the motorway ..we could see it was deep from the fact that the tree trunks had disappeared and the canoe was floating past the bushy parts of the trees. Not sure how high the trees were!

Dreams - that was, I suspect, a bit of an emotional maelstrom dream, Smileless flowers

Smileless2012 Sun 11-Oct-20 11:08:29

How's everyone doing?

It's brightening up here now so looks like we'll be able to enjoy a nice walk this afternoon with the dogs.

A really weird dream last night 3nanny. We were at ES's house with our GC, introduced to them as friends of the family. I didn't 'see' ES but could feel his anger.

The children told us they may be able to come and stay in our 'big house at the seaside'. I said how lovely that would be but that we're not friends of their parents, we're their dad's mum and dad, their GP's.

Then I woke up.

Smileless2012 Sat 10-Oct-20 15:12:30

There you go Chewbacca, you could do what agnurse's friend didgrin.

agnurse Sat 10-Oct-20 15:09:26

In all seriousness, I am told that one spring, the water was so high in the ditches here that a friend of ours DID get out a canoe for his kids and the kids went for a canoe ride in the ditch!

Smileless2012 Sat 10-Oct-20 12:29:03

Oh is that all you've got Chewbaccashock well looks to me as if you could do with a canoe toogrin.

Chewbacca Sat 10-Oct-20 11:38:09

Get yourself a dingy Chewbacca; your GC would love it grin

To go with the swings, slide, swingball, basketball hoop, scooters, bikes and go kart Smileless? I think I have enough "stuff" in my garden for the GC already without a ruddy canoe thank you! grin

Smileless2012 Sat 10-Oct-20 10:43:22

One of the advantages to having a roof terrace instead of a garden; the water just drains off.

Get yourself a dingy Chewbacca; your GC would love itgrin.

Chewbacca Sat 10-Oct-20 10:27:11

Same here Iam64, my garden is like a lake: standing water right across the lawn. If it gets any deeper, my greenhouse will float! grin

Starblaze Sat 10-Oct-20 10:21:48

Thanks hugshelp he is feeling OK at the mo. Universities don't seem to be supporting isolating students very well which is an extra concern.

He is young and not in any way at risk. Its just hard to let go sometimes and not be "that mum". Secretly I'd love to just have him home where I can look after him and make sure he is eating vegetables and has clean pants lol

Iam64 Sat 10-Oct-20 09:25:11

Lots of people follow the same pattern with their dogs as Yogagirl. I understand the reasons but my decision is to continue using the treatments recommended by my vet.

Its a mixed morning here, as it seems to have been every day this week. The sun shines, the leaves on the trees look so beautiful, then the heavens open and it feels we're living in a Monsoon. I want to get out and start putting the garden to bed but everything is totally soaked.
Keep safe everyone

Smileless2012 Sat 10-Oct-20 09:17:17

That's interesting Yogagirl, I never knew that about garlic although if Mr. S. has a chicken and garlic Indian curry, that's guaranteed to keep me away for at least 48 hoursgrin.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion