Gransnet forums

Estrangement

Pain

(7 Posts)
Sallywally1 Fri 31-Jul-20 20:54:05

Pain

Smileless2012 Fri 31-Jul-20 23:26:29

A very powerful and moving image Sallywally.

V3ra Fri 31-Jul-20 23:39:10

So sad... ?

morethan2 Sat 01-Aug-20 01:19:10

It is a very sad image and I can clearly remember the pain of not being allowed to see my oldest grandson. His father my daughters then partner was a cruel and manipulative man. From the age of 8 he wouldn’t allow him to see us.. We would travel almost 200 miles and not be allowed to see him. I can still see his little face pressed against the window as he blew us kisses. I can see him at 11 waving to us as we parked outside his school on his birthday. I remember how we fought for my daughter to have custody..and won but on a visit with his father he somehow persuaded him to stay with him. Where is this little boy now. He’s 24 and asleep in our house. He left his father when he was around 17 and went home to his mother. He remembers the part of his childhood he spent with us as happy. He’s autistic but the kindest most caring of all my grandchildren. He came to visit us because he was worried about us following a family bereavement. There were times I honestly thought I’d never see him again. I don’t want to give false hope to anyone or stop you moving on. I think we have to make a life and live with the pain of estrangement but for some of us there will a reconciliation.

Hithere Sat 01-Aug-20 01:34:24

Very good representation how estranged gp feel

Bridie22 Sat 01-Aug-20 07:22:33

Morethan2 that's a hopeful and lovely ending.

Smileless2012 Sat 01-Aug-20 10:29:52

That's a lovely story with a wonderful outcome morethansmile.

I thought the image was powerful from the perspective of EGP's and their EGC, with the children watching their GP's walking away but looking back, and the boy's hand pressed against the glasssad.