Gransnet forums

Estrangement

Re: ongoing estrangement

(4 Posts)
newlife56 Sun 08-May-22 11:45:38

Hi I was alienated by my only daughter just over 6 years ago following a family disagreement 7 years ago this month. This was devastating for me as I’m sure it was for my 3 dear grandchildren who I’ve also not seen or heard from in all this time. It was also traumatic because I was recovering from a house fire 3 months earlier and received no support from any of my family except an aunt who gave me £100 to pay for a plumber to repair some of the damage. My mother even said it was a shame I wasn’t at home when the fire struck - Shen then also alienated me. My partner was the only person who stood by me but he passed away suddenly 3 years ago. I’ve tried to meet someone else but with no success especially with Covid as well. My dad has also passed away recently after having a stroke in December 2018. Is anyone else struggling with alienation alone?

Smileless2012 Sun 08-May-22 18:05:21

I'm not having to face our estrangement from our youngest son and only GC alone newlife but it's still so very hard at times so I can only imagine how hard this is for you.

There's a support thread on this forum for all whose lives have been affected by estrangement of the threat which you might find helpful.

Redhead56 Sun 08-May-22 20:45:11

I just wanted to say I am very sorry to read your post. I hope you go on the estrangement forum here. I am sure you will get the support you need and wish you well.

Allsorts Sun 15-May-22 19:40:51

Only just read your post Newlife, very sorry you are estranged from your only child, it must be very hard. Please come on here and get support.