Gransnet forums

Food

Fruit scones

(34 Posts)
nanapug Fri 17-Oct-14 15:56:50

Am trying to find a really good fruit scone recipe but still can't find one my OH really rates (yes he is fussy ;)). Would you be kind enough to share your fruit scone recipe with me please?

rosequartz Sat 18-Oct-14 16:33:10

I remember visiting my aunt for tea once and she was nearly in tears because she had wanted to make scones for all of us, but had no cream of tartar!

I did see someone on the tv recently who roughly mixed everything, then left the mixture in the fridge for a while and it seemed to come together more easily to cut out into scone shapes.

margaretmorton Tue 23-Apr-19 12:09:39

Hi I’m trying your fruit scones this aft. Could I have your crusted cheese scone recipe too?

BradfordLass72 Tue 23-Apr-19 22:02:25

pompa we are forced to visit them at least twice a week

Oh poor you, how awful grin gringringrin

Bellanonna Tue 23-Apr-19 22:37:36

Both of you, this is quite an old thread!

littleflo Wed 24-Apr-19 10:59:42

Thank you for this thread. I have just made scones from Lindy Looby while DH was out walking the dog. They were great but I thought they were a bit sweet. Then I read the recipient again 2 TABLESSPOONS of Sugar. I will make them again following the correct recipe.

DH said they were perfect

bikergran Wed 24-Apr-19 18:47:13

Im sure there was a recipe on here few weeks/months ago from GHouskeeping magazine.
It consisted of 3 ingredients.

Lemonade
double cream
flour

BwarengaGriggs Tue 19-Nov-19 16:25:52

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

overthehill Wed 26-Feb-20 17:53:05

I've tried loads if recipes but what I want is the sort of scone that sticks to the pallet with a slight tangy taste. I don't want scones that taste l8ke cake