Gransnet forums

Food

Indigestion on a stick.

(28 Posts)
Falconbird Sun 01-Mar-15 08:14:02

I was in a restaurant recently and there were two late middle aged men ahead of me contemplating the food on offer.

There was lots of things with sun dried tomatoes, salads with lots of beans and plenty of wholemeal bread, brown rice etc., One chap said to the other, "it's all indigestion on a stick mate." I had to smile and agree. As we grow older we can't always easily digest the array of tempting but often difficult to digest foods.

Anya Sun 08-Mar-15 13:43:48

soontobe Infants born through cesarean section tend to contain fewer Bifidobacteria and Bacteroides and a higher amount of Clostridium difficile when compared with infants that were given birth naturally. This is because infants that are delivered through cesarean section are exposed initially to bacteria originating from the hospital environment and health care workers while vaginally born infants are colonized at first by fecal and vaginal bacteria of the mother.

Tegan Sun 08-Mar-15 18:46:04

Are babies born by C section more prone to thrush? [a problem that my little grandaughter has at the moment].