Gransnet forums

Food

induction hob

(7 Posts)
bichonmad Wed 21-Dec-16 08:24:41

I am having an induction hob soon,I have recently been told they are noisy,Does anyone know and are the pans very heavy

J52 Wed 21-Dec-16 08:42:09

Mine is not noisy. You do have to use pan that conduct the heat. Mine are Judge Stainless steel, not very heavy and can be used on all types of hobs. My Le Cruset pans work as well.

Maranta Wed 21-Dec-16 09:03:28

I agree with J52. There have been other threads on induction hobbs so if you do a search, you can read other comments.

Maranta Wed 21-Dec-16 09:04:17

Whoops - hobs

Elizabeth1 Wed 21-Dec-16 10:22:23

I've had several induction cookers over many years and would have nothing else. They are very versatile no matter what you cook with. If the pan isn't square on the heated hob it may make a noice and you only have to adjust it to remove the slight buzz. They are also insured on your house policy should there be any accidents causing a crack. We dropped a heavy object on the hob which fractured it into loads of cracks. There was no problem with our insurance replacing the hob.

Willow500 Wed 21-Dec-16 17:36:57

I started a thread about this a couple of months ago and finally decided to go with one - very happy with it although it's only just been fitted - it's not noisy at all and seems to boil things very quickly. The pans are just the same as other pans - you just have to make sure they're compatible with it.

Deedaa Wed 21-Dec-16 20:53:18

DS has got one and it certainly doesn't seem to be noisy.