Gransnet forums

Food

Great British Bake Off

(38 Posts)
LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 03-Aug-17 15:24:26

The new trailer has been released. www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ7Jsd0yCLQ What do you think? We're divided at HQ. Some of us think it's very clever while others can't see past the vomiting eclair. confused Thoughts?

Moocow Wed 06-Sep-17 11:23:33

I didn't want to start watching it again but decided to again given tge other choices- won't bother anymore. Lost interest with the ad breaks missed when it was back on a couple of times as it seems to slip in and out of the 'kitchen'. Guess no big drama wanting you to see what happens next and no announcement stating 'back after yet another break' etc doesn't help. BUT mainly hate not seeing the finished product properly! Blink and you miss all their efforts you really do as I've taped it and you hardly see the bakes properly.

Shirleyw Tue 05-Sep-17 20:57:45

I Still like the gbbo, didn't think I would now it's on ch 4...the only criticism are the advert breaks. I really don't like the new BBC programme, watched the first programme, won't be watching anymore....

sweetcakes Sat 05-Aug-17 20:25:20

Liked the clip will give it go and reserve judgement till I've watched it

gulligranny Sat 05-Aug-17 19:39:22

Probably won't watch, can't stand Sandi Toksik and I don't like Noel Fielding. Might watch the first one and see how it goes .... I do hope it's not going to be "look at us we're Channel 4 and we push boundaries".

I'd like to see the gardening challenge one brought back but without Fern Britton, bit too touchy-feely. Don't sew so didn't watch the sewing bee one. Had one dip into the pottery one, they appeared to have made a lavvy. That was enough.

fluff Sat 05-Aug-17 17:08:31

I will definitely watch and hope that it is as good, I thought it was about time they changed the presenters anyway, Regarding the vomiting baked goods, I thought it was an iced bun or finger roll. I am another who would love to see the return of the sewing bee.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 05-Aug-17 14:22:37

I missed the vomiting eclair as I took my eyes off it - I found it a bit irritating. I'll watch the new prog if it delights. Of course it won't be the same as it's the people who make it was it is but I'll keep an open mind.

grandMattie Sat 05-Aug-17 10:24:10

Went to talk with the "girl with the red hair" on Sewing Bee - lovely and very interesting.
I love all those programmes where "ordinary" people do wonderful things with food/fabric/paints... Not sure I know anything about the Noel bloke...
But - I shall probably be glued to all the screenings of all the above! grin

Marieeliz Sat 05-Aug-17 09:43:15

Do hope sewing bee comes back, I really enjoyed it.

Kacee Sat 05-Aug-17 09:40:18

Liked the advert, music maybe a bit dramatic.
Will try the new show out as I like Noel Fielding

hildajenniJ Fri 04-Aug-17 10:26:19

I'm going to watch it. I loved it on the BBC and am waiting to see how Channel 4 produce it. I have to admit that I'm not a great baker! I thought the video was sweet and funny. I'm looking forward to it.

Nana3 Fri 04-Aug-17 10:11:11

The trailer is clever I think. I never missed an episode so I suppose I won't be able to resist watching the channel 4 version.

DanniRae Fri 04-Aug-17 09:06:25

I really enjoyed the sewing bee programme too - I think I read that it is coming back??

Nanabilly Fri 04-Aug-17 09:00:45

I enjoyed throwdown too .
Especially Ryan?

J52 Fri 04-Aug-17 07:46:10

I agree, it was clever. Both the vol au vent and eclair seemed to vomit! I might watch one episode to see how they present it.
What I'd really like, is to see the Allotment Challenge come back. I enjoy it because the results are more ' in the lap of the Gods'.
I do like the sewing challenge as well, but on the last series, none of the contestants seemed to shine.

Greyduster Fri 04-Aug-17 07:26:05

I - who can't sew to save my life and hate the thought of it - was glued to every episode of sewing bee. Hope it comes back but it's not the same without Patrick Thingy. I loved Throwdown too. Won't watch either cookery show now - got thoroughly fed up with it towards the end of the closing series.

Nanabilly Fri 04-Aug-17 03:18:24

I am looking forward to it .Mary Berry is so old fashioned and stuck in the 80s with her baking style and was the one thing that irritated me about bake off . Love the humour from Noel and Sandi from what I've seen of them previously but am on the fence about Pru . She seems a little bit of can foodie song to me and I'm not sure how she will work with amateurs . We shall see.
Anyone watch the sewing bee . I have always loved that one but not sure if it's back this year or been cut. No pun intended.

Jane10 Thu 03-Aug-17 21:19:40

It's lovely! I was dead set against watching the ch4 version but I do love Sandi Toksvig and Noel Fielding. She's so funny and clever and he's so daft. It's hard to imagine them working together. I will watch the first episode in the spirit of research.

Deedaa Thu 03-Aug-17 20:04:04

I think the trailer is fun, but I'm not sure the programme will live up to it.

shysal Thu 03-Aug-17 19:56:20

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/mary-berry-bbc-new-show_uk_59804376e4b00bb8ff3943cd

PamelaJ1 Thu 03-Aug-17 19:07:48

I had to watch it twice, I missed the vomiting eclair the first time ?

devongirl Thu 03-Aug-17 18:57:29

Me too, she's delightful

Auntieflo Thu 03-Aug-17 18:55:57

Joannapiano, I am another fan of Nadiya's programme. She must have been a heaven sent gift for the BBC, being such a natural and charming presenter.

devongirl Thu 03-Aug-17 18:53:07

HildaW couldn't agree more!!!!

merlotgran Thu 03-Aug-17 18:22:33

I liked the advert and will certainly give the new GBBO a try.

joannapiano Thu 03-Aug-17 18:00:38

I love the new cooking programme presented by Nadiya, past winner of Bake Off. (Nadiya's British Food Adventures.)She is so natural as a presenter.
I am not overly enthusiastic about Noel Fielding.