Gransnet forums

Food

? Recipe for vegetable strogonoff or veggie bake

(7 Posts)
TriciaF Mon 09-Oct-17 15:21:09

I sometimes make a veggie meal with onions, courgettes, tomatoes peppers and an aubergine, all sliced and gently fried in olive oil in an ovensafe pot.
Then you add some red lentils, veg. stock (the recipe says red wine) .
Put the covered pot in a low oven for about an hour, until all the liquid is absorbed.
You can sprinkle grated cheese on top when it's done. It's a balanced meal because the lentils provide protein.

polyester57 Sun 08-Oct-17 16:10:09

You can make most dishes vegetarian or even vegan. My son is vegan and I make vegan versions of stroganoff, shepherd´s pie, lasagne or whatever. For all of them, the basics are root vegetables, seasoned, for stroganoff, I would add mushrooms and a plant based cream.

Cold Sun 08-Oct-17 15:58:00

BBC Good Food has a recipe for Mushroom Stroganoff
www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1898646/mushroom-stroganoff

Nigella has a lovely recipe for a creamy leek and pasta bake in Simply Nigella but I can't find it online

Nelliemoser Sun 08-Oct-17 12:57:35

Every one has different recipes. Look at several and mix and match the ingredients to suit your tastes.

seacliff Sun 08-Oct-17 12:35:25

Thanks Humbertbear. Sounds good, Marmite always adds a good flavour. Do you stir the yoghurt in just before the end of cooking, to make it creamy, or serve as a side?

Humbertbear Sun 08-Oct-17 12:29:10

We make a bean strogonoff. Fry an onion and a carrot and some sliced mushrooms. Add a tin of tomatoes, some tomato purée and a teaspoon of marmite along with a tin of kidney beans. Simmer gently, serve with rice and yogurt.

We've been making for this years.

seacliff Sun 08-Oct-17 12:25:49

We found a new farm cafe recently, and I had vegetable strogonoff, very tasty and creamy, on a jacket spud. It was delicious, and I'd like to make something similar, but will leave the jacket potatoes as it was too much. Also I'm trying to eat low carb as much as possible..

It had mushrooms (don't mind a few), Peppers, onions, carrots, possibly some cabbage. Has anyone made anything similar, or alternatively a veggie bake?