Gransnet forums

Food

Breadmaker

(57 Posts)
NotAGran55 Sun 12-Nov-17 08:09:09

I had one 20 years ago and liked it . However the loaf size was no where big enough for the family then on a daily basis and it died a death . If I lived alone I might be tempted again just for the fun of it .

Chewbacca Sun 12-Nov-17 08:03:19

Mine was also a Panasonic and I used it constantly in the early days. But the area that I live in now is well serviced with 3 excellent bakers shops, all doing speciality breads if I want them. Bread maker has been in the cupboard under the stairs for 2 years now and I haven't been able to palm it off on to anyone. Shame really.

Maggiemaybe Sun 12-Nov-17 08:02:44

I bought one at a charity shop and do love it. So why has it been sitting neglected in the cellar for the last few months? I might just dust it down this week.

kittylester Sun 12-Nov-17 07:57:47

I'm on my second one. I didn't use the first so gave it DD2. I have since bought another one which I also don't use and which I can't palm off on any of my other daughters.

Shirleyw Sun 12-Nov-17 07:04:34

Lol willow....

Willow500 Sun 12-Nov-17 06:56:22

Yes have one no don't use it - it's been sat in the garage for the last 4 years. We bought it when my husband was living abroad and couldn't speak the language to buy bread. He'd buy the ingredients over here on visits home as he thought making his own was a good idea - he'd set it going before bed but it would then wake him up as it started kneading and 'walking' across the kitchen worktop grin. The bread is lovely but that's the problem - it's too moreish covered in lots of butter hot from the tin. I'm sure you'll love it! Now you've set me off - I might go and dig it out and give it an airing smile

Shirleyw Sun 12-Nov-17 05:18:27

Do you have one and is it well used? I've been toying with getting one for a while and decided I shall get the Panasonic bread maker from Lakeland this week. I am sure it will get well used.