Gransnet forums

Food

Professional master chef anyone?

(6 Posts)
Shirleyw Sun 12-Nov-17 07:17:33

Good to see that's started again, I like the professional and ordinary MC but not interested in 'celebrity' MC thougH.

Alima Sun 12-Nov-17 07:38:04

Oh no, is this another cooking programme about to dominate the schedules for the next few weeks?

paddyann Sun 12-Nov-17 09:55:09

I'm surprised some of them are chefs with the lack of basic knowledge.I've been watching Australian Masterchef and the amateurs on it would put these guys to shame .I'll see if week two improves but if not I'll give up on it

Nelliemoser Sun 12-Nov-17 09:59:06

I like these sort of programs. The pottery ones as well. It's watching the skills that go into this that I find fascinating.

merlotgran Sun 12-Nov-17 10:08:55

Are we having a cook-fest on Gransnet today? grin

I'm also amazed at the lack of knowledge and skills in some of the so-called professionals, especially the older ones. How can anyone be selected for a cooking competition when they freely admit they don't like spicy foods so never use them? hmm

Ditto the Indian chef who didn't know what a soufflé was.

DH loves it though so I expect we'll stick with it.

jusnoneed Sun 12-Nov-17 10:56:16

I gave up on all the British versions a few years ago, the 'professionals' are so poor and as for Celebrity versions of anything a big no no. Not keen on the presenters either.

I love Australian Masterchef, they are challenged so much more than the Brits and the competition lasts for 3 months so you get to know the contestants. This years winner certainly deserved it. Now got to find something else to watch each evening lol.