Gransnet forums

Food

Kitchen gadgets

(10 Posts)
Marydoll Wed 03-Jan-18 23:32:09

I'm a sucker for gadgets! I ended up giving my juicer and soupmaker to my daughter when she moved into her new flat. They were just taking up room.
However, I have just replaced my trusty breadmaker with a new Panasonic one. I hadn't realised how tired and weary it was (I'd had it for about 10 years) until I used my new one.
I also can't do without my Magimix, I'm on my third one. I have a lot of difficulty with my hands and it's a godsend.

hildajenniJ Wed 03-Jan-18 23:20:48

DH bought a juicer. It's been used once, by me. I love my bread maker but the pan has sprung a leak. You can't get a replacement as they no longer make the machine. ?. It will mean looking for a new one.

Auntieflo Wed 03-Jan-18 23:03:32

I have a mincer that clamped to the kitchen worktop, but after a makeover, the new worktops were too thick. So now I have to pad the dining table and clamp it to that. I don't use it often, but wouldn't get rid of it.

MissAdventure Wed 03-Jan-18 22:38:38

I didn't know you could make bread in the slow cooker! shock with a liner in it? shock

Cherrytree59 Wed 03-Jan-18 22:19:00

My grandmother had a red mincer that she clamped onto the kitchen table.

My can't do with out gadget is my slow cooker, especially since there was a thread on how to make bread in a slow cooker.
I make a loaf weekly and once or twice a week( in winter) use it for a lovely casserole.
I have even been known to borrow my daughters when cooking up different meals.

annsixty Wed 03-Jan-18 20:47:25

My tablet knew better than me, mincer attachment and a faff.

annsixty Wed 03-Jan-18 20:45:39

I had the old Spong miner which fastened to the kitchen table with a clamp.
If I searched hard enough I could probably find it.
I then had a Kenwood chef with a minced attachment, hardly used it was a fact fixing it up.
If I need/want to mince now I use my small food processor, not regular mince, but good enough.

mollie Wed 03-Jan-18 20:35:32

We had some successes and some failures with the air fryer Chewbacca but in the end I found it a faff to use so stopped. I like to use the oven and using two shelves at a time makes practical sense rather than one shelf and an extra gadget on the side. But don’t let me put you off!

Chewbacca Wed 03-Jan-18 20:24:41

I was eyeing up an air fryer mollie, are they not worth investing in? Hate oven chips and thought an air fryer would be better?

mollie Wed 03-Jan-18 20:22:15

Someone mentioned a mincer on another thread and surprised me. My mum had one but not me, never have. Am I missing out? I seem to have a kitchen full of gadgets and equipment - some cost a lot and are rarely used, others were relatively inexpensive but always used. I miss my 30year old food processor (recently died and will be replaced eventually) but wonder why I spent so much on an air fryer that is sitting gathering dust on a shelf. I miss using my lovely bread maker but we can’t eat bread anymore (sob, sob). What about you?