Gransnet forums

Food

Bread makers

(12 Posts)
nannygoon Wed 06-Feb-19 14:02:58

I dont make the bread in the machine. I use the dough function, then bake in greased loaf tin in the oven. Have done for years. Also can do pizza dough too.

mumofmadboys Thu 31-Jan-19 15:57:01

Thanks for the recipe Minimoon

MiniMoon Thu 31-Jan-19 10:04:12

I have The Ultimate Bread Machine Cookbook. I love the Carrot and Fennel bread. It has three different sizes of loaf, and it turns out beautiful every time. For a medium loaf:
210 ml water
30 ml (2 tablespoons) oil
10 ml (2 teaspoons) honey
200 g carrots grated
500 g bread flour (white unbleached)
30 ml (2 tablespoons) skimmed milk powder.
7.5 ml ( 1 1/2 teaspoons) fennel seeds
7.5 ml ". salt
5 ml (1 teaspoon) easy blend dried yeast.
Follow the instructions for your machine, and add the seeds when the machine beeps.
It's a lovely loaf. Good with savouries or jam.

Auntieflo Thu 31-Jan-19 09:48:20

I have been thinking about getting a Panasonic breadmaker. On looking on line, there are so many different ones!
Has anyone got any advice as to which they think is the best one to buy please?
We had one years ago, but when it got old and problems started, I got rid of it. Can’t even remember the make now.

EllanVannin Thu 31-Jan-19 08:41:34

I used to make the Brioche. That was lovely.

mumofmadboys Thu 31-Jan-19 08:29:28

Thanks Sue, Shirley and Lully. Will make notes on all your suggestions!

LullyDully Thu 31-Jan-19 08:20:52

For an everyday bread I use the white recipe but use half white flour and half wholemeal, it improves the taste.

Then I often use olive oil instead of butter, honey instead of sugar and cut down the sugar by a half as the bread is too sweet. Hope that all makes sense.

The family like the foccacia as a Saturday treat with olives, rosemary and olive oil in top. Enjoy your bread maker .mum

Shirleyw Thu 31-Jan-19 02:42:29

I use the bread maker recipes, I usually make the spelt loaf and the three cheese loaf is very nice, also the panattone is tasty....

SueDonim Wed 30-Jan-19 23:53:16

I don't do anything hugely exciting, really, but it's simple enough to add extras, like herbs or seeds or dried fruit.

I've made sour dough dough in it but that wasn't hugely successful, tbh.

mumofmadboys Wed 30-Jan-19 23:48:41

Thanks Sue

SueDonim Wed 30-Jan-19 23:15:32

I use the recipes that came with the instruction book and just experiment otherwise.

mumofmadboys Wed 30-Jan-19 22:56:40

I have just started using a bread maker. Panasonic. What are your favourite recipes please?