Gransnet forums

Food

Foodie magazines....

(16 Posts)
Shirleyw Wed 29-May-19 05:19:52

I have 'good food' mag subscription, for quite a few years now. I occasionally get an 'olive' or'delicious' just depends if I fancy any of the recipes when I flick through them in tesco lol....I have 'good housekeeping' regularly, they sometimes have decent recipes in there. Do you have a favourite foodie mag?

Beechnut Wed 29-May-19 07:19:29

I don’t buy food magazines anymore but I used to like ‘Eat In.’

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 29-May-19 08:30:27

Yes I love them. I cut out all the recipes that take my fancy and stick them in folders (mains, salads, veggie, baking, fish etc) Every now and then (not often enough - life gets in the way!) I pull out two or three new ones to try. Some of our favourites have come from that.

My mum buys me a subscription to Good Food every year and for my last two birthdays my husband has got me Olive. Great gifts as they last throughout the year.

M0nica Wed 29-May-19 09:07:18

I hold a Waitrose card and get their free food magazine each month. It is the only food magazine I get, and I only get that because it is free.

My best 'go to' for recipes, is, oddly, Slimming World. I have never been a Slimming World member or even tempted to be but they have delicious recipes that you can indulge in, without over indulging and as someone who loves food and eating, that is a big bonus.

M0nica Wed 29-May-19 09:07:46

I should have said Slimming World magazine.

MiniMoon Wed 29-May-19 09:18:26

My DH has been a subscriber to Good Food magazine for many years. I like the freebie that comes from Waitrose, and the one from the Co-op. These days however, I find myself trawling the internet for "no onion, no garlic recipes". I have become intolerant to both of these, plus tomatoes?.

SisterAct Wed 29-May-19 09:39:19

Delicious Magazine is fab

Miep1 Wed 29-May-19 10:12:42

If you download RB digital and have a library card, you can read Good Food and Olive - and Good Housekeeping, plus many others - for free on a tablet/laptop

JessK Wed 29-May-19 10:49:27

Often pick up the freebee in Tesco and the one from Asda is supposed to be good but both have limited recipes.
Quite like Olive - think it's a BBC publication.

Vonners Wed 29-May-19 19:13:23

Thanks Miepl, I hadn't heard of RB digital - looks amazing. Tried to register but the final question was 'which library' and the drop down list only showed various codes, not actual library names. I'll pop in our library tomorrow and see if I can sort it out.

Gonegirl Wed 29-May-19 19:21:19

I still have my copy of Good Food mag from November 1993. Comes out every year for my Christmas cooking/baking.

Gonegirl Wed 29-May-19 19:22:55

I buy DD1 a Good Housekeeping subscription every year. Not sure how many of the recipes she looks at though.

Gonegirl Wed 29-May-19 19:24:14

Me too Mini-moon. sad

rosecarmel Wed 29-May-19 21:55:07

Sunset magazine-

Fennel Thu 30-May-19 11:32:56

Not a magazine, but I joined an online programme 750g.com which has a very good selection of recipes. Both video and written. Every week they send you ideas for main meals with a shopping list, using seasonal ingredients.
It's in french but you don't need the sound.
www.750g.com/

glammanana Thu 30-May-19 11:48:05

I also like the freebie from Waitrose always such good recipes.
Slimming World magazine gives such great options even if you are not weight watching I love their easy lunches.
A tip for SW magazine if you don't fancy paying the full price check out your local charity shop we have one locally who sells out of date copies for 25p a magazine.