Gransnet forums

Food

Black Forest Trifle recipe anyone?

(12 Posts)
kaycee Tue 17-Dec-19 15:06:14

I used to have a recipe for Delia's Black Forest Trifle - when she was devising recipes for Waitrose. It was really easy and delicious. My son wants me to do it for Christmas (he's hosting) and I have lost the recipe. Found one similar on the net but don't think it's quite the same. Anyone got the Delia version? Thank you.

Urmstongran Tue 17-Dec-19 15:25:34

My sister used to make it. A tin of stoned black cherries and chocolate cake, soaked I’m something alcoholic and topped with chocolate custard and proper fresh cream. Flaked chocolate on top.

Spoons at the ready!

Urmstongran Tue 17-Dec-19 15:27:01

Bugger. ‘soaked IN something alcoholic’. ‼️

Actually would the recipe be on Google?

Purpledaffodil Tue 17-Dec-19 15:32:17

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/black-forest-trifle
You’re in luck, I saved it on my desktop as a possible a Christmas dessert. It is James Martin, not Delia though.

kaycee Tue 17-Dec-19 16:11:17

Yes soaked in Kirsch. I looked on Google and found the James Martin one - thank you Purpledaffodil - not quite the same but if all else fails I'll go with that.

Urmstongran Tue 17-Dec-19 16:19:57

I definitely remember it was Delia. My sister made it in the 1980’s when she was married to her first husband.

FlexibleFriend Tue 17-Dec-19 16:33:51

Is this it?
www.deliaonline.com/recipes/occasions/easter/easter-chocolate-recipes/cheats-chocolate-trifle

kaycee Tue 17-Dec-19 18:15:08

Yes I think that is it!! Thank you so much FlexibleFriend. Don't know why my search didn't find it.

mamagran Wed 18-Dec-19 08:56:26

Thank you for sharing this. I opened this forum out of curiosity, but now I definitely know what I making this holiday season!

annsixty Wed 18-Dec-19 09:10:33

The one I made in the 70/80s had kirsch in it and I used to waste time going round off licences and wine shops searching for miniature bottles of the stuff, they were like gold dust.
I always made it for parties and special occasions.
If you want the recipe for that one I will hunt it out and post later.

kaycee Wed 18-Dec-19 09:53:02

Thank you annsixty - I think I'll go with FlexibleFriend's link. May swap the rum for Kirsch - you can buy cherries in Kirsch.
so even easier.

Purpledaffodil Wed 18-Dec-19 19:03:27

Ooh this looks better and easier than James Martin. Thanks ?