Gransnet forums

Food

2 pork joints!

(9 Posts)
Greymar Mon 23-Mar-20 08:30:56

Ordered by mistake and frozen weeks ago. It is not good quality and I'm wondering what I can do to make anything nice out of it.

Be grateful for any ideas

Whitewavemark2 Mon 23-Mar-20 08:33:55

Hot pot? Lots of recipes on line.

I have a couple of frozen pork and bean stews I have made. Lots of beans tomatoes and various vegetables with Mexican spices very tasty.

Bathsheba Mon 23-Mar-20 08:37:51

It'll be fine if you follow a pulled pork recipe like this one, cooking it on a very low heat for a very long time! At the end of cooking you can just pull the pork apart.

If you don't have all the ingredients for a traditional pulled pork, you can just use the same principle but with pork stock and any other seasoning, just to give you lovely, tender, pull apart meat at the end.

M0nica Mon 23-Mar-20 11:07:14

Turn into diced pork and use to make casseroles and stews. How about cassoulet?

Riverwalk Mon 23-Mar-20 11:43:42

I second slow-cooked pulled pork - leave the fat on for flavour and this can easily be removed when pulling the meat.

grandMattie Mon 23-Mar-20 11:46:11

Mince it and use to make meat balls, stuffed vegetable, pasta sauce. Slow stew, slow roast. Any number of things...

H1954 Tue 24-Mar-20 18:06:15

Pork and Apple Bake! Dice the pork, add chopped apple, top with sage and onion stuffing! Blooming lovely!

Urmstongran Tue 24-Mar-20 18:48:36

I was just about to recommend my SOAP dish H1954!

Sage, onion, apple & pork.
3 tablespoons of water (to steam) & put in slow oven 90 minutes.
Top with buttery mash & back in oven till brown.

Greymar Tue 24-Mar-20 18:49:18

Thanks folks, I tried the pulled pork idea. Sadly it was cheap and nasty and remained nasty.

Never been a fan of meat.