Gransnet forums

Food

What did you eat today?

(215 Posts)
fatgran57 Tue 24-Mar-20 01:13:29

I know there have been threads like this previously but it's something to do to take our minds off the virus.

I had raw overnight-soaked oats with blueberries, raspberries and banana with greek yoghurt for breakfast plus 2 mugs of tea.

Morning latte OH always makes for us

Another cup of tea.

Bowl of Thai pumpkin soup and piece of savoury toast. (very popular in Australia other places may not know what it is) plus another mug of tea.

Probably salad for tea with tomatoes, avocado, onion, cucumber, lettuce plus a veggie fritter made with grated zucchini and carrot, spring onion, chilli flakes,feta and cheddar cheese, eggs and a bit of flour.

This makes 6-8 and I have a couple a day till there are all gone.I don't get tired of having the same things for a few days.

OH has different food as he is a traditional old style eater with sausages and mash, silverside (corned beef) baked beans egg and bacon etc.

I always have some chocolate in the evening . (smile)

Purplepixie Tue 24-Mar-20 11:12:28

Porridge with blueberries for breakfast. 3 marmite rice cakes with low fat cottage cheese and pineapple and a yogurt for lunch. I’m making a spaghetti bolognese for tea with cherry shortbread to follow. Drinking chocolate before bed. Have a lovely, healthy and happy day. X

shysal Tue 24-Mar-20 11:15:12

Yesterday I had a bacon sandwich for breakfast, homemade cauli soup with cheese for lunch , and homemade crustless quiche with veg for dinner.
Today was bacon and egg for breakfast, lunch will be soup again, dinner chicken casserole.

Aepgirl Tue 24-Mar-20 11:17:26

A 'nursery breakfast' of a boiled egg with toasted soldiers, and a glass of orange juice - comfort food.

Laughterlines Tue 24-Mar-20 11:22:58

For breakfast yesterday left over veg curry and choc cream Easter egg, lunch 2 ginger biscuits and cup decaf coffee supper left over soup. Strange but can’t let anything go to waste just in case...

Rosina Tue 24-Mar-20 11:28:53

Unusually, two slices of toast about half eleven - porridge with honey and cinnamon is always my daily breakfast, and then a salad with a tomato tart and baked potato, followed by mango and a yogurt.

Rosina Tue 24-Mar-20 11:30:08

Sorry - always read the question properly. That was my intake yesterday; today so far two cups of tea, and now feeling like eating the porridge.

Canklekitten Tue 24-Mar-20 11:31:50

Ive eaten my body weight in chocolate and wine!! Bet I'm not the only one ?

Coconut Tue 24-Mar-20 11:35:04

B’fast: Oats with blueberries, raspberries and flaked almonds, made with coconut milk.
Lunch: Special K with red berries plus granary toast with peanut butter.
Dinner : mushroom risotto

phoenix Tue 24-Mar-20 11:36:33

Supper last night was cauliflower cheese, but with onions,chopped bacon and mushrooms added to the cheese sauce. Yummy!

moobox Tue 24-Mar-20 11:49:39

About to try out the new soup maker

Rosalyn69 Tue 24-Mar-20 11:54:04

Fruit and yoghurt and paleo nut stuff for breakfast.
Homemade cauliflower soup for lunch as I over ordered cauliflower in error and I won’t waste it. I can’t recommend a soup maker enough.
Fish cakes and veggies for dinner.
I have rediscovered cooking.

Mollygo Tue 24-Mar-20 12:06:04

Bacon roll here. DH is not a great cereal lover except for porridge and I had run out until I did a quick shop this am.
Celery soup for lunch and fish risotto for tea-have to do something to use up the 5kg bag of rice delivered by my DD in case we ran short!??

grandtanteJE65 Tue 24-Mar-20 12:23:04

A bacon sandwich - I am trying hard to put on weight. Two slices of bread, butter and marmelade and later a piece of pie.

We're having chicken soup this evening, and before we get there I shall try to devour a dozen Marie biscuits with butter and another couple of slices of bread and something.

blueberry1 Tue 24-Mar-20 12:28:30

An unhealthy day yesterday - bacon sandwich,cheese on toast and a choc wafer bar. And lots of watermelon.

Saddee55 Tue 24-Mar-20 12:53:17

Breakfast special K and mug of tea ....lunch soup and homemade bread ...dinner salad with sweet potato jacked spud .supper piece of fruit usually orange and mud of green tea .

Susieq62 Tue 24-Mar-20 13:20:31

Breakfast was muesli with a banana, Greek yogurt and some compote plus a coffee. Mid morning was a vitamin c drink and another coffee.
Lunch we made toasted ham, cheese and pickle sandwiches. I had water and a satsuma.
Dinner will be shepherds pie with frozen veg.
Today I made a batch of bolognaise, a batch of mince for shepherds pie and a pork and apple casserole in the slow cooker.
Off in the garden now to sow seeds for the allotment. Keep well, hydrated and cook.,

Lettice Tue 24-Mar-20 13:25:35

For a late breakfast had lemon cake with custard, for late lunch had ricotta and spinach ravioli, in evening had 2 pears. Various cups of black coffee throughout the day.

lizzypopbottle Tue 24-Mar-20 13:33:43

I practise 5:2 fasting and today is one of my fasting days so I won't be eating anything until this evening when I'll have a 250 calorie portion of a Rick Stein recipe 'Gigantes' or butter bean stew. I'll also eat a conference pear after dinner and have a spot of milk in tea and coffee throughout the day. I have a maximum of 467 calories on my fasting days. I'm not making a point here. It's maybe not for everyone. It's just what I do and have done for about five years. I'll do it again on Friday. It's certainly helping with spinning out the meagre supply of food in the house!

SalsaQueen Tue 24-Mar-20 13:38:50

I've had:
a protein shake for breakfast (only because I was at work and don't like eating first thing in the morning)

1 slice of buttered bread, with some of last night's roast beef on it, an apple and about a dozen chewy sweets.

I'm going to have meatballs in a tomato-based sauce (I'll make it all) with spaghetti and garlic bread

craftyone Tue 24-Mar-20 13:40:52

lunch was plain cauliflower with grated cheese and 2 small squares of 85% chocolate. I had my plate of fruit earlier and later will have yogurt with some walnuts and some of my left over crumble. Waste not want not. I did have an eat natural protein bar earlier too but I was up at 5,30. I think I have lost some weight since isolation 9 days ago. Good, I am busy almost the whole time

chimes22 Tue 24-Mar-20 13:42:10

I remember my dad having bread and milk sprinkled with sugar. I might try that.

oscaro11 Tue 24-Mar-20 13:53:04

Breakfast: porridge with cinnamon and seven frozen blueberries.
Lunch: homemade broccoli soup.
Evening meal: homemade cottage pie, carrots and more broccoli., dessert homemade rhubarb crumble with vanilla yoghurt.
Tea and coffee through the day.

EllanVannin Tue 24-Mar-20 13:54:00

I'll be eating Majorcan new potatoes for a few days before they start going green, so it's just a matter of accompaniments, bacon, belly pork or salmon Drink of Ribena to follow. With salmon today.

Usual crumpets with lashings of Lurpak and a cup of cocoa or drinking choc---breakfast.

Cheese and crackers if wanted.

-still nipping to local shops, there's nobody about.

silverlining48 Tue 24-Mar-20 14:21:02

Breakfast always fresh fruit with sprinkle of oats and natural yoghurt with a cup of tea. Tea mid morning and lunch is chicken left from yesterday ( and the day before) in a wrap with salad. Tonight baked potato with cheese, and beans. Might force a biscuit down later.
Tend to be thinking about food more than usual and worrying about running out so need to be careful.
Getting worried about running

Saggi Tue 24-Mar-20 14:21:16

Breakfast at 6.30 toast with jam...two cups of tea. I’ve walked two miles , searching for bin bags...found none...come home .... had horrible news from my daughter ... couldn’t eat lunch( too upset) done loads of gardening