Gransnet forums

Food

What did you eat today?

(215 Posts)
fatgran57 Tue 24-Mar-20 01:13:29

I know there have been threads like this previously but it's something to do to take our minds off the virus.

I had raw overnight-soaked oats with blueberries, raspberries and banana with greek yoghurt for breakfast plus 2 mugs of tea.

Morning latte OH always makes for us

Another cup of tea.

Bowl of Thai pumpkin soup and piece of savoury toast. (very popular in Australia other places may not know what it is) plus another mug of tea.

Probably salad for tea with tomatoes, avocado, onion, cucumber, lettuce plus a veggie fritter made with grated zucchini and carrot, spring onion, chilli flakes,feta and cheddar cheese, eggs and a bit of flour.

This makes 6-8 and I have a couple a day till there are all gone.I don't get tired of having the same things for a few days.

OH has different food as he is a traditional old style eater with sausages and mash, silverside (corned beef) baked beans egg and bacon etc.

I always have some chocolate in the evening . (smile)

Pantglas2 Sun 19-Apr-20 21:10:41

Shall we all just have a default of ‘TooMuch ‘ letting higher beings glory in their superiority with their minimalist diets?

Alishka Wed 29-Apr-20 13:52:34

Well yesterday all I had was a 'minimalist' hunk of gorgonzola before bed, cos I'd run out of painkillers and really wasn't hungry.
Now tho, with pain meds delivered, I've just scoffed kippers with a shedload of butter and I'm going to start cooking a pea and potato curry for tonight, which I'll have with rice. I chose that cos my tiny potatoes have started to sproutgrin

paddyanne Wed 29-Apr-20 14:16:50

we both had the same evening meal which is rare ,I made a greek pasticchio ,pasta shells with a lamb ragu style sauce topped with a yoghourt and egg topping .Haven't made it for years and we both enjoyed it .Tonight will be roast beef with caulifower cheese and mash for OH I'll just have the cauliflower cheese

Whitewavemark2 Wed 29-Apr-20 14:34:39

Fish pie
Cauliflower
Peas

Hot mango and banana salad with cream.

Puzzler61 Wed 29-Apr-20 14:43:26

Lunch, tomato and red pepper soup with a cheese scone

Tea, Cumberland sausages, mashed potatoes and pickles.
No pud - would love one but we try to keep to just having
one at weekends when I usually make apple pie or rhubarb crumble.

Missfoodlove Wed 29-Apr-20 16:09:36

Greek yoghurt and Galia melon.
Home made Jerusalem artichoke soup and whole meal bread fresh from the oven.
Dinner will be cold chicken and avocado salad

merlotgran Wed 29-Apr-20 16:45:46

Tonight will be baked salmon with a honey and mustard crust, boiled potatoes, roasted cauliflower and steamed (frozen) mixed veg.

So glad the salmon was in the delivery this afternoon because I forgot to get something out of the freezer 'just in case.'

Maggiemaybe Wed 29-Apr-20 16:51:39

At risk of being derided as a higher being, I’ll just say you’re all making me salivate. I’m on a fast day and have had 2 plums so far. I’m just about to pig out with a bowl of soup and 2 slices of sourdough bread. grin

ginny Wed 29-Apr-20 16:58:33

Tonight will be Beef Stroganoff pasta bake.

Calendargirl Wed 29-Apr-20 17:42:20

Bacon, cheese, potato and onion casserole in oxo stock, with a warm baguette.
Milk pudding, made with evaporated milk and porridge oats, with a drizzle of home made redcurrant jelly.

Callistemon Wed 29-Apr-20 17:43:39

a fast day
I have no idea what you mean, Maggiemaybe

Maggiemaybe Wed 29-Apr-20 18:47:20

One of two miserable, self-disciplined days every week getting by on a miserable 500 calories Callistemon, to make up for the five of over-indulgence. smile It’s all Michael Mosley’s fault. Roll on tomorrow morning!

mumofmadboys Wed 29-Apr-20 19:14:07

I have just had spinach and chickpea curry with rice.

Maggiemaybe Thu 30-Apr-20 23:40:54

I've had a very nice day today. Breakfast was Weetabix, and peanut butter on toast. Lunch cheese and tomato on toast. Tea a roast chicken dinner with all the trimmings. Plenty of fruit and some cashew nuts in and amongst and two or maybe three glasses of red wine with our family Zoom quiz this evening. And I'm just setting the slow cooker up to do us a full English for tomorrow (our excuse being that the sausages need using up).