Gransnet forums

Food

What did you eat today?

(215 Posts)
fatgran57 Tue 24-Mar-20 01:13:29

I know there have been threads like this previously but it's something to do to take our minds off the virus.

I had raw overnight-soaked oats with blueberries, raspberries and banana with greek yoghurt for breakfast plus 2 mugs of tea.

Morning latte OH always makes for us

Another cup of tea.

Bowl of Thai pumpkin soup and piece of savoury toast. (very popular in Australia other places may not know what it is) plus another mug of tea.

Probably salad for tea with tomatoes, avocado, onion, cucumber, lettuce plus a veggie fritter made with grated zucchini and carrot, spring onion, chilli flakes,feta and cheddar cheese, eggs and a bit of flour.

This makes 6-8 and I have a couple a day till there are all gone.I don't get tired of having the same things for a few days.

OH has different food as he is a traditional old style eater with sausages and mash, silverside (corned beef) baked beans egg and bacon etc.

I always have some chocolate in the evening . (smile)

Eloethan Thu 26-Mar-20 23:32:10

Freshly squeezed orange juice, Shredded Wheat

Yorkshires, baby potatoes, parsnips, carrots, peas, green beans, sprouts, onion sauce and vegetarian gravy

Toast and banana

cavewoman Fri 27-Mar-20 05:32:33

Tuna on toast

Tinned soup and ryvita

Roast potatoes and veg (with a veggie Pukka Pie) !

Couple of g and t's around the Big Clap smile

BoadiceaJones Fri 27-Mar-20 06:05:00

1 rasher of bacon, 2 eggs
2 thin slices of Vogel bread, with pesto, feta and home-grown cherry tomatoes
Small bowl meat and veg stew, broccoli, half an apple, wedge of cheese
4 cups coffee, 3 cups tea, 3 large glasses of water, glass wine.

Txquiltz Fri 27-Mar-20 06:06:04

French toast for breakfast. Comfort food.
Thawed the corn beef originally intended for St. Patrick's Day. It was a nice change, but now I feel too full. I am eating out of stress and must get that under control.

Nortsat Fri 27-Mar-20 06:38:38

Yesterday we had coffee, OJ and fruit for breakfast.

Vegetable soup (home made) and wholemeal toast for lunch.

A chocolate biscuit with a coffee about 4.00pm

Shepherds Pie (using up courgette, green pepper and a leek from the bottom of the vegetable basket - so not a traditional recipe) and sugar snap peas for supper.

TerriBull Fri 27-Mar-20 07:29:36

Yesterday, Porridge, banana and honey plus 3 coffees during the morning an Emmental, rocket and tomato sandwich on wholemeal after our midday walk. A couple of teas in the afternoon. Supper, made a casserole with chicken fillets, green pepper, carrots and some Charlotte potatoes that I wanted to use up. Really regret due to the rapidity of the spread of virus, didn't replenish herbs, spices etc., although I do have some, albeit out of date I imagine. Managed to find some spicy seasonings and Knorr stock cubes, bought heaven knows when shock must admit didn't look at the dates, but have never heard of "death by out of date stock cubes" before, anyway still here!

Missfoodlove Fri 27-Mar-20 10:06:02

Friday!! So excited, no make do with left overs tonight! No bottom of the fridge veggies! Nothing that’s been languishing in the freezer.
Sirloin steak?salad from our own spinach and sauté potatoes, accompanied by a bottle of red, yet to be selected from our wine stash.
Cannot wait.

grandMattie Fri 27-Mar-20 10:11:27

Dinner leftover for lunch.
Stir fry with leeks, courgette, broccoli, mangetout and mushrooms with egg fried rice. DH is not given to compliments but said it was delicious. Result!

Happygirl79 Fri 27-Mar-20 10:38:33

This morning I have eaten a small pear one satsuma some crumbly Cheshire cheese and some tiny tomatoes for breakfast
Odd but delicious

oscaro11 Fri 27-Mar-20 11:03:23

Sunshine oats for breakfast
Soup, leek and potato, for lunch
Sausages, mash and spiced red cabbage for evening meal.

Callistemon Fri 27-Mar-20 12:54:27

Porridge with honey

I can hear the pan sizzling so I think that DH is making us bacon baps, haven't had one for years. Yum, with brown sauce

Fish of some kind later, depending on what is left in the freezer.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 27-Mar-20 13:24:12

Just been advised to go on a low fat diet by GP, ((gallbladder) which is a bummer.

So today
Porridge 3gms fat
Minestrone soup 1.4gms
Asian haddock and stir fry vegetables 9.9gms
Total for the day including milk etc 20.8 gms.

Callistemon Fri 27-Mar-20 13:31:43

Were they gallstones? Whitewave was the pain because you were passing small ones?
I hope you're feeling better now

Missfoodlove Fri 27-Mar-20 13:57:06

Frittata for lunch, al fresco, perfect

TerriBull Fri 27-Mar-20 14:00:24

That looks mighty good Missfoodlove. Enjoy! you probably have by now.

Alexa Fri 27-Mar-20 14:11:18

For breakfast I had fried panini, fried egg, and ketchup: mug of tea mostly Oatly.
For lunch I had half a pint of tomato juice and a Mini chocolate ice on a stick.
Later I will have cauliflower in cheese sauce with tinned tomatoes.

Elizabeth1 Fri 27-Mar-20 14:57:33

Because of my predicament my husband started the morning with both of us having a hot drink of honey and cinnamon followed by orange juice and beautiful scrambled eggs on toast then a lovely yogurt with little chocolate balls yum yum that’s the last one now and my lovely neighbour didn’t see my message for her to pick more up until she left the shop so I’ve no more . Never mind I’ve got donald russell vacuum packed apple pie and custard to fall back on. My weight must be going up somewhat who cares I lost about three stone while in that dreaded hospital recovering from a stroke. In the evening my dh and I have succumbed to a glass of red and\ or a whiskey lying in bed with Endeavour on the boxand a few munchies.pby our side Can’t get any better. Well perhaps I need to try and keep the weight down a little . Why should I when everyone says how well I’m looking?

M0nica Fri 27-Mar-20 19:42:10

Turkey casserole (the last of the Christmas turkey, except a container of stock) and potatoes for lunch followed by stewed apple and blackberry.

For supper baked spiced aubergine with side salad followed by fresh fruit.

paddyanne Fri 27-Mar-20 20:07:10

porridge with banana and apricots

Lamb and cauliflower curry with basmati rice.

Ice cream....because I used too much chilli in the curry.OH said it was good though

GagaJo Fri 27-Mar-20 20:18:12

2 eggs with home made bread.
Home made ginger biscuits.
Minestrone (using up leftover veg) for dinner with a heel of the homemade bread.
Last 2 kiwis to empty the fruit bowl before more goes in tomorrow.

JuliaM Fri 27-Mar-20 20:20:16

Two slices of buttered toast for breakfast, plus a bowl of mixed berries topped with home made yoghurt sweetened with Honey. The berries were from a bag l found from last summer in my freezer.
Lunch, Cornish Pasty, the frozen ready to bake Ginsters ones again found whilst digging in my freezer!
Tea, Roast Chicken Sandwich, made with Chicken from a whole ready cooked one that was delivered on yesterday’s Iceland order as they had no fresh Chicken breast that l had ordered on my Delivery shop. No Salad available either.

Kalu Fri 27-Mar-20 20:31:57

Porage, honey, banana and blueberries

Cold meats, cheese and fruit

Smoked haddock risotto

Last caffeine of the day espresso with a couple of Bendick’s mints

Elderflower2 Fri 27-Mar-20 20:48:37

Crumpets with butter and marmite

Chicken and ham pie, cauliflower and broccoli

Missfoodlove Fri 27-Mar-20 22:30:17

Tonight’s steak was delicious ?.
Having been raised a Catholic eating a steak on Friday feels sinful, I will probably burn but it was so good.

merlotgran Fri 27-Mar-20 22:38:02

Porridge with Greek yoghurt and blueberries.

Home made vegetable soup

Vegetable Kashmiri with home made gluten free Naan bread.