Gransnet forums

Food

Online shopping - one delivery then no more to my address they say !

(181 Posts)
WOODMOUSE49 Wed 25-Mar-20 20:40:04

Any one had this problem with Morrisons online ordering?

I bought a 6 month delivery pass 10 days ago then placed an order for delivery on 1 April (first one I could get) and I've edited it a few times (mainly items I had forgotten). I've ordered enough for a week but I'll have to go out for bread. Hope everything comes.

We are self isolating as both 70+. I've tried this week a few times to do another order for mid April perhaps.

Morrison site says there are no dates available for my address and to select another address !

Have you used Morrisons and placed and order before one has been delivered? How do I do it?

Wondering now if my £20 (delivery pass) was wasted with Morrisons. I plan to risk it and do a shop or try click and collect with Asda. No dates with Sainsbury's.

Oh! I've sent a message to Morrisons (via facebook) on Monday but no reply as yet.

Craftycat Thu 26-Mar-20 10:40:28

I do hope good neighbours are helping older neighbours out with their shopping. We have offered to shop for 2 of the older people in the road- it is no problem for us as we have to go to shops ourselves anyway.
Yesterday Sainsburys was not busy & they had mostly fully stocked shelves- no pasta or loo rolls but I didn't need those anyway- I have one pack of loo rolls & I can live without pasta or make some if needed.
This could be a good time to meet your neighbours- at a distance- & build a community.

Jaycee5 Thu 26-Mar-20 10:41:03

I have been trying daily with Iceland Morrisons Waitrose and Sainsbury's and finally Sainsbury's had a lot of sirs opened at once including for next day delivery so I have one coming tonight.
Most things available or reasonable substitutes.
The only problem is that I rushed the order before slots disappeared and forgot a lot of things like milk and potatoes. I dont want to be greedy with slots they have but if they have plenty I'll do another order next week for all the things I've missed.
I know I'm lucky to have one.

Maremia Thu 26-Mar-20 10:42:16

Callistemon, sorry to hear about that Nurse. It's a story that will repeat lots in the next couple of months. This is us on day 5? of lockdown (that's the Brits) Yes, I know some of us started earlier. We have to be glad of any deliveries we get. How are you GNs coping in Italy and Spain, with your food deliveries? Yes, the GN in Berlin, the 'shielded ones' must never go out or have social visitors for 12 weeks.

Boz Thu 26-Mar-20 10:42:26

Apparently, Waitrose can't sort by age of customer, whereas Sainsbury's system can. This, I believe. is how slots are being allocated. My husband got a slot with Sainsbury because he buys wine and is 80. My fun of the day was watching him fill the basket - his computer, his job. A real learning curve for him as I stepped back. Anyway, if I succumb to the pestilence he will know how to shop, so doing him a favour.

MarciaB Thu 26-Mar-20 10:45:53

I know we are not all in the same position, but I ordered shopping for a month when I had so much difficulty getting a delivery slot. Just amended the order each time I realised we would be running out of certain things. Have @ farm shop just down the road for fresh veg/fruit if necessary. Don’t want to be guilty of food waste so no point ordering too much fresh stuff.

Barmeyoldbat Thu 26-Mar-20 10:46:21

My daughter who is disabled and has learning disabilities is having a lot of trouble with shopping. Usually we do an ASDA shop online together even though I am 52 miles away. She has a delivery for today, fingers crossed, but we are always in a queue to get onto the website now. She can't get to ASDA for the early shop as her carers don't come in until 9.30 to help her get up. I am thinking of now doing a shop for her once a week and making the 110 mile round trip to drop it at her front door. Its not only the over 70s who are vulnerable but others as well. People are being very selfish.

Stewpot47 Thu 26-Mar-20 11:08:05

I have tried to get a home delivery from Morrison’s and was put in a queue for about 4 hours, when my turn came up there was no delivery slots available at all. I had spent 4 hours constantly looking and waiting! Anyone else had this?

Tillybelle Thu 26-Mar-20 11:09:45

My experience:

Bought 6 month delivery pass with extra free 1st month at beginning of March for Tesco.

Went online to book slot etc.

No slots at all. All booked beyond 13 April then none on line yet.

I am in Isolation. Live alone. Know some people in different area who 1. go out shopping together. 2. Take friends with them on walks. 3. but at home individually booking slots in each of their names so the there will be 2 deliveries to the same house.

I wrote to Dave lewis Tesco CEO explaining that I am HOUSEBOUND (apols if I deafened you but I am exasperated). Plus I cannot book delivery slot.

He replied: "If you do go in-store"
and sent a list of measures they are taking for in store shoppers.

Is he thick or what?

As far as Tesco is concerned, those of us who are at home unable to go out, unable to book a delivery slot, who have paid to have deliveries, can just starve.

Time for stores to refuse delivery slots being booked more than once, more than one per week per household.

But mainly, Tesco, et al. identify those of us who cannot go out, especially those living alone, and make sure you deliver to us. Or are you part of the Boris Government scheme to see us die off?

Tillybelle Thu 26-Mar-20 11:13:07

P.S. My local Grocery store, Kevin, is delivering. god bless Kevin! Maybe not as much stuff in his shop as Tesco but, Tesco, you've lost this customer. Kevin has my business even though I had to substitute biscuits for bread! (I'll make scones).

Tillybelle Thu 26-Mar-20 11:13:58

Woops my caps for God failed! Sorry God!

Elegran Thu 26-Mar-20 11:14:59

Barmeyoldbat and anyone else facing problems for yourselves or vulnerable relatives, There is a nationwade scheme by the WRVS (now called the Royal Voluntary Service) to help you. See www.goodsamapp.org/mapOfResponders for an interactive map of where their responders are - there are vast numbers of them. I don't know how you get in touch with them, but there is no need for anyone to be without essential supplies. There are plenty of volunteers who are ready to step in.

PernillaVanilla Thu 26-Mar-20 11:22:20

For those who are concerned about going out I think the risks are now much reduced since the supermarkets have introduced proper distancing controls. I went to our local Morrisons yesterday at 5.30pm on the way home from my essential job, they had a queue system set up but it was only me waiting to go in, the shop was very empty of customers but full of food and toilet rolls, in fact plentiful supplies of everything except pasta, tinned tomatoes and ordinary rice. They had Passata and Uncle Ben's sachet rice. It would have been easy to do a full weeks shop there. A colleague reported in similar terms from the Waitrose in our local town. Hopefully the situation is easing. the Ocado CEO sent all registered customers an email saying they were doing their best but the demand had increased 10 fold, not easy to cope with. Our local Facebook pages are full of pubs that are now shops offering delivery of veg/bread/eggs and milk at very reasonable charges or free delivery if you need this. I think it is getting better.

Daisyboots Thu 26-Mar-20 11:28:58

I have a daughter who works for Tesco and my grandson also works there helping to get the home deliveries dispatched. They are actually fitting more deliveries than ever so they are doing their best. As I am sure all the supermarkets are. Surely it's right that when you already have a delivery coming you shouldnt be able to book another until after you have received that one? I expect the supermarkets have had to take ths action because of the geeedy people who were booking multiple spots. So you dont get the number of yoghurts you want it's so unimportant when you consider what is happening. Here in Portugal home delivery is a new thing and the main supermarket doing home delivery has also been overwhelmed. But here we are a few weeks ahead of you in limiting the number of people allowed in a supermarket at any one time so we had virtually no panic buying and on the whole stocks are fine. After we had been to the hospital to start my new oral chemotherapy which I can do at home we drove to our local supermarket to buy some things we needed. There were so few shopping that my husband was able to walk straight in and inside able to keep away from other shoppers. Now we are staying at home until my next appointment at the hospital on the 13th April. Keep safe everyone.

SuzyC Thu 26-Mar-20 11:53:39

For some items you are restricted to the amount you can purchase.

Calendargirl Thu 26-Mar-20 11:55:16

kwest

I would not give anyone my card and pin.

Daisymae Thu 26-Mar-20 12:04:40

I believe that things have quieten down in the supermarkets. I have a pre booked slot with Ocado but have had great difficulty in accessing. However it arrived and I am quite relieved.

FlyingSolo Thu 26-Mar-20 12:05:47

I know I shouldn't really but there are no delivery slots available and then the calendar just ends so I have decided to ration my food until I can work out a better solution. I'm not actually in need of anything right now but was just trying to plan ahead and discovered I am already too late so I am going to make what I already have last as long as I possibly can. And hopefully by then I will have sorted something. But in the meantime I think it will just have to be a case of losing weight.

Grandma70s Thu 26-Mar-20 12:08:13

My son read somewhere that Ocado was trying to cope with ten times its normal number of orders. No wonder there are problems.

GracesGranMK3 Thu 26-Mar-20 12:09:38

I have just gone on to Morrisons and there are 159947 ahead of me in the queue. That is those who are prepared to wait. I'm not sure why we expect these companies to do more than they are doing. On the other hand, it is frightening for the individual. All I can think is that they are throwing everything they have got at a situation no one could have anticipated.

Newyorker6 Thu 26-Mar-20 12:10:17

Try Iceland, they are prioritising next-day deliveries for elderly and vulnerable people.
I got an order last week, several items were of course unavailable, but there was enough to keep me goings I'm shut indoors! Stay safe everyone

Newyorker6 Thu 26-Mar-20 12:10:57

going as (!)

sandelf Thu 26-Mar-20 12:11:31

Not online but if you decide to go out Sainsburys have started a system where you are only let in a few at a time (spaced queue outside). My nearest 'superstore' had plenty of fresh produce and most other things. - But no flour, and tinned goods sparse. - Very calm and peaceful in there - is this what it takes to get us to be polite? ?

Lizbethann55 Thu 26-Mar-20 12:11:54

I have ordered a Morrisons essential box. I have no idea what will be in it so it is really quite exciting and something to look forward to. It is being delivered at some time tomorrow by DPD. I couldn't find a normal delivery spot anywhere for anytime.

Callistemon Thu 26-Mar-20 12:16:59

Maremia, yes I am in the UK but not England, in Wales, the worst place to be after London, apparently.

sodapop Thu 26-Mar-20 12:17:11

It's all relative isn't it. There are no home deliveries here in this area of France so we have to go to the supermarket.