Gransnet forums

Food

Guilt free snacking

(48 Posts)
DiscoGran Thu 25-Jun-20 13:21:27

Trying to be good and avoid ice cream.
Just had some frozen bananas ? have you tried them?
What's your favourite healthy snack?
X

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 26-Jun-20 11:08:32

Dried fruit? Not quite guilt free, but at least they are good for me!!

Nannan2 Fri 26-Jun-20 11:10:02

Oh i love cheesy watsits too! Ive ate loads in lockdown, and my only defence is that as theyre the 'baked' variety im being as healthy as i can, while still eating snacksgrin....

Nannan2 Fri 26-Jun-20 11:11:46

If im being healthier, olives i guess.or lower fat lactose free cheese & biscuits.?or fresh fruit.

Nannan2 Fri 26-Jun-20 11:17:03

You can freeze banana thats peeled Wilma65. I had a few, ready for making banana recipes, saved so not wasted.then had freezer breakdown, last week got new freezer, so will start again.?

NannyC1 Fri 26-Jun-20 12:09:25

Erm Apples grapes watermelon is what is eat for a snack. Nooo Its any chocolate bar or cake or both cos I don't feel guilty.

Mollyplop Fri 26-Jun-20 12:19:51

Merlotgran grin love it!

Tanjamaltija Fri 26-Jun-20 12:25:23

Frozen peas. Frozen strawberries. Frozen shredded carrots. Frozen broad beans.

grandtanteJE65 Fri 26-Jun-20 12:58:07

I'm desperately trying to put on weight so all snacks are guilt-free,

I do tend to stick to nuts and raisins though, and cheese and onion crisps.

Saggi Fri 26-Jun-20 14:00:35

I hate ice cream and chocolate( even as a kid)...crisps are my ‘go to’ snack!

Mollygo Fri 26-Jun-20 15:33:22

Celery-healthy till you add Philadelphia!

MayBee70 Fri 26-Jun-20 16:25:33

Pre Covid I couldn’t keep biscuits or chocolate in the house without eating all of it. However, fear of food stocks running low combined with the fact that I no longer go to shops means that I now have a cup of tea/coffee with a couple of digestive biscuits and do stick to just two. I’ve always kidded myself that digestive biscuits, unlike other biscuits, are healthy.

Aepgirl Fri 26-Jun-20 16:27:51

Thank you all for your frozen banana tips. I will give it a try.

Keke Sat 27-Jun-20 14:54:10

Microwave salty popcorn- yum

ladymuck Sat 27-Jun-20 14:56:33

Chocolate coated nuts and raisins are guilt-free, especially if it's dark chocolate.

DiscoGran Sat 27-Jun-20 15:11:18

DH has just arrived with a pack of MAGNUMS!
So much for being good.

Wheniwasyourage Sat 27-Jun-20 16:08:50

Now, I've told you all before, but you can't have been listening - chocolate eaten in lockdown contains NO calories. grin

Schnauzer1 Sun 28-Jun-20 10:27:22

Not guilt free but not too bad. I make up a tray with a bowl of salted tortilla chips, bowl of red pepper hummus and a bowl of finely chopped cucumber and red pepper. Sit down in front of tv take a tortilla chip scoop up some hummus and dip in the cucumber, red pepper mix, mmmm lovely.

Alishka Wed 01-Jul-20 19:46:23

I don't 'do' guilt shock
If I'm reading/watching a film til late, I like to make a bowlful of popcorn with shakeover cheese and jalepeno dressing. It's the BEST!

grannyrebel7 Wed 01-Jul-20 20:04:00

Chocolate!

GagaJo Wed 01-Jul-20 21:03:22

Crisps, sweet n salty popcorn mixed, marmite rice cakes. Not a sweetie fan.

craftyone Thu 09-Jul-20 06:07:18

I made a beautiful mary berry traybake the other day, date and walnut with ground almonds and I very quickly gave some to the workmen, busy next door and some nice chunks to the binmen, who almost but my hand off. I froze the rest but `sigh` frozen cake is very nice to nibble. Guilt-free because of the egg, walnuts, dates and ground almonds ie organic and high in protein and wholesomeness

I am ok from breakfast to around 1pm, trying to stretch that morning time from 12 because I only ever have a coffee or my treat of hotel chocolat 100% chocolate in a velvetiser, my covid indulgence to myself.

The mouth hunger for treats starts after lunch and stops at 5, when I must stop eating anything. One of my best treats is frozen easy yo yoghurts, I make them in silicone ice pop forms, they are flat with lids and handles and they peel off. The lolly is wonderful and makes me feel virtuous.

My chocolate is always good, 85% and only a small amount, always after lunch

I cannot keep biscuits in the house, I often feel like something crunchy. Someone gave me some after I did them a favour. The birds had them before I succumbed

MellowYellow Thu 09-Jul-20 07:45:33

I ate half a jar of black olives last night and drank some of the salty liquid. Yum.