Gransnet forums

Food

Is the Prestige Twist and Turn Pressure cooker any good?

(4 Posts)
25Avalon Sun 07-Feb-21 08:10:09

I quiet like the Prestige one as it has 2 handles and is stainless steel but I am not sure it had a trivet. If not I am wondering how good it is for steamed puddings.

JackyB Sat 06-Feb-21 19:50:09

I am wary of pressure cookers with complicated valves and gubbins. I got the simple one which works with weights as a wedding present. I loved it and used it a lot, but would like one with a stainless steel pan rather than an aluminium one.

In between times I had a more modern one which had a plastic handle with an integrated valve system, but that didn't last very long.

However I am sure they are safety tested these days and the quality of the plastic has improved.

The picture shows a pressure cooker which works similar to my old one, although it is not a Prestige.

keepingquiet Fri 05-Feb-21 08:52:28

I no longer have one but used mine for years. Maybe it's time they made a comeback. Would love to know how you get on.

25Avalon Thu 04-Feb-21 15:40:24

I am thinking of buying the Prestige stainless steel twist and turn pressure cooker 6L size. Has anyone on GN got one of these and would they recommend it? Many thanks