Gransnet forums

Food

Ridiculously simple recipes that never fail.

(190 Posts)
nanna8 Thu 29-Jul-21 12:55:52

Here is one many will know for lemonade scones
I cup lemonade
1 cup cream
3 cups sr flour.
Mix up and don’t maul too much. Use extra four on hands and rolling pin. Roll out to at least half inch thickness and cut into scones using a tumbler. Can wipe tops with cream remnants. Cook quite hot for 15 mins 200 C
Another one for pizza bases.
1 cup Greek yoghurt
1 cup SR flour. That’s it! Cook hot like scones after you have loaded it up with tomato purée, cheese and whatever you want.

Beswitched Tue 11-Jan-22 20:03:34

Easy peas fish pie from The BBC food website

Boikk some baby potatoes throwing in some frozen peas towards the end. Slice the potatoes and mix them and the peas with a tin of salmon. Top with creme faiche and grated cheddar and heat under the grill until brown and bubbling.
Delicious.

Beswitched Tue 11-Jan-22 20:04:26

Boil the potatoes don't Boikk them smile

halfpint1 Tue 11-Jan-22 21:45:26

So funny ,

storynanny Tue 11-Jan-22 21:54:10

Callistemon, I think my cake the same as yours is called Belgian loaf cake! Although I’ve made it in all shapes and sizes.
Here’s my contribution
Children and grandchildren and son in laws favourite
Melt a heap of chopped up Mars bars with a big blob of butter in the microwave. Stir in loads of rice crispies til coated. Press into a tin, freeze, slice, eat.

Enid101 Tue 11-Jan-22 23:05:07

Grate two courgettes and fry for five minutes, add garlic and chilli and a few prawns. Add juice and zest of a lemon then mix with cooked tagliatelle, using a bit of the cooking liquid if needed.. Quick, simple and gorgeous.

Ethelwashere1 Wed 12-Jan-22 07:27:32

Ive not been on for a while so just browsing. These recipes are so easy. I love cooking but complicated recipes are lost on me. Thank you all i will be trying some of these

Pandrews Mon 24-Jan-22 20:35:13

Easy trifle
Crumble McVities Jamaica ginger cake into your trifle bowl, open a tin of manderin oranges, throw those onto the cake, dribble cointreau over the mix, top with a carton of bought custard and finally a layer of whipped cream - chill for a while then get your spoon!

Redhead56 Mon 24-Jan-22 20:46:56

That trifle sounds good I am going to make it but add a layer of orange jelly to it.

MayBeMaw Sat 29-Jan-22 15:55:20

I thoroughly recommend this!

Doodledog Sat 29-Jan-22 16:00:57

grin

TwiceAsNice Sat 29-Jan-22 17:12:28

Salmon in cream sauce
Serves 4
4 salmon filets
I avocado sliced
I medium carton double cream
Grated cheese
Shredded basil
Packet of frozen prawns

Place salmon in a large oven proof dish
Add prawns on top plus avocado cut in half and then sliced
Pour over carrot by of cream to cover well
Grate cheese over then shred basil on top

Place in medium oven for approx 15-20 mins

Serve with green veg/good bread

Lipstick Sat 29-Jan-22 20:58:10

Melted butter on top of chicken fillet. Bag of crisps ( any) crushed mix with grated cheese press onto chicken. Bake 190 till chicken cooked 30-35 mins

Shel69 Sat 09-Jul-22 09:03:56

Must try these

H1954 Sat 09-Jul-22 09:06:47

Lucca

Really ? Might try the pizza one ….what is a cup measure?

Cup measure comparison to grams etc are available on the internet, just Google it