Gransnet forums

Food

Afternoon tea delivery

(37 Posts)
Blossoming Sat 09-Oct-21 19:13:22

Has anybody had an afternoon tea delivered? I want to create a nice surprise for Mt. B and would like some recommendations.

Kali2 Mon 11-Oct-21 14:31:57

Yes, when we were in quarantine late June- we sent a message to the little independent Café we love, which is round the corner from our apartment.

Help, we wrote, we are in quarantine and need CAKE.

Within 10 mins, she was round with a selection box and a big smile- left it behind the door and said 'enjoy- pop in when you are out of quarantine'. Now this is what I call 'service'.

MagicWand Mon 11-Oct-21 14:59:06

Our son & dil sent us one during lockdown from Piglets Pantry which was delicious. Can highly recommend.

MamaCaz Mon 11-Oct-21 17:10:00

I wish I had thought of this idea in the summer on my mum's birthday.

We weren't able to visit her (though she stayed with us a week or so earlier).
I could have told her to invite a friend or two over to her house that afternoon and arranged for afternoon tea to be delivered to them.
I think she would have liked that!

Soozikinzi Mon 11-Oct-21 18:14:18

We e also had a couple from piglets pantry and cherry tree which were good

lemongrove Mon 11-Oct-21 20:27:02

crazyH

Thankyou Callistemon - so they really are letterbox friendly!!!!!!But then, what do I know????

Like you, I had a vision of a hot teapot being pushed through a letterbox.?

1wend Tue 12-Oct-21 13:22:08

Gosh what a glorious idea. My favourite thing is High Tea grin
I was going to suggest asking local friends to prepare/ purchase various items to deliver to you. It seems many caterers will do it all for you. Enjoy!

Yammy Tue 12-Oct-21 13:54:24

Caterers in our village do them and they are excellent but I am way up north. We have used Boths Supermarkets who use Lythams who I think is a Lancashire company.
I have also had Bettys Tea Rooms delivery recommended.
Google local companies who do afternoon tea and you should get the companies local to you and the reviews people have posted.

4allweknow Tue 12-Oct-21 15:01:12

I've had two gifts of afternoons tea and they were fantastic. Both from different suppliers but both bakery shop, tearoom/cafe outlets. Will depend where you live for your recommendations.

bridie54 Mon 18-Oct-21 16:36:57

Am a bit late to add this but will do it anyway. We’ve had a few afternoon teas from the same local company and not been disappointed. It started as a treat during lockdown when we couldn’t get out. The girl did special ones on different themes, eg Spanish, Halloween and has a St Andrews day one coming up. (I’m in Scotland). She tailors the food to the occasion/theme.
Now that business is opening up though and she is getting catering for functions going again the afternoon teas are being cut back.
We also tried a local bakery shop which was more expensive and not quite as good. They did provide lovely disposable picnic plates with matching napkins which weren’t worth it I thought.
It’s just such a lovely treat though. I hope you’ve maybe had one yourself now smile

annodomini Mon 18-Oct-21 18:00:48

Last year, my DDiL ordered a delicious afternoon tea for me from a local tearoom. What a lovely surprise during lockdown. She had searched and found it on the internet and I was more than delighted.

Kim19 Mon 18-Oct-21 20:48:07

I had a Cornish clotted cream tea delivered for a birthday treat. Delicious and amazingly fresh considering scones tend not to have much staying power.