Gransnet forums

Food

Ready meals - any favourites?

(153 Posts)
henetha Tue 12-Oct-21 11:28:45

This is an important subject to me. I still cook whenever I can but standing too long is becoming difficult, so I have been trying various ready meals. I quite like some of Tesco's, they do vary. I think their pasta ones are best. I decided to pay a bit more and try M&S ones. I chose Sweet and Sour chicken but it was so disappointing. Not enough chicken nor enough sauce and it just didn't have a nice tang. I will try other M&S ones though..including the one which *FannyCornforth" mentions above.
I have just sent away for that special offer from Parsley Box to see what they are like. ~Watch this space, I'll let you know.
Manwhile, I will still properly cook when my back allows.

FannyCornforth Tue 12-Oct-21 11:22:10

M&S vegetable moussaka
Apparently it serves 2 confused

Witzend Tue 12-Oct-21 11:17:32

We rarely have them, but after a week of childcare help while dd is away for work, I picked up a couple on the (final) way home yesterday. M&S big Yorkshire puds with sliced beef, gravy and potatoes inside. I’d usually go for something SE Asian but we really enjoyed them, with cabbage and carrots which were in the fridge anyway.

In the past dh has really enjoyed a Waitrose Nasi Goreng - he got hooked on it during a year based in Jakarta.

Any absolute favourites? No sniffy comments, please, I do virtually always cook from scratch!