Gransnet forums

Food

Cooking for the coronation

(36 Posts)
Foxygloves Fri 05-May-23 13:36:46

Oh I also have a Coronation Colin Caterpillar for the little ones on Sunday!

Maggiemaybe Fri 05-May-23 13:15:52

We’re having a buffet. 13 of us. Coronation chicken, the quiche if it turns out well, dainty sandwiches (ham, smoked salmon, cucumber and cream cheese pinwheels), French bread, houmus and cheeses. Pickles and crisps. Followed by chocolate cake, lemon drizzle tarted up with blueberries and strawberries as a Union flag, and gingerbread kings if I don’t run out of time. With Pimms and fizz and nonalcoholic offerings.

Veggie, dairy-free and gluten-free options mean that we’ll have to get a lot of sandwich flags written up this afternoon. smile

Foxygloves Fri 05-May-23 13:04:37

Coronation Chicken here - which will be reprised on Sunday when family come to lunch.

aonk Fri 05-May-23 13:01:33

Not cooking anything special although we will watch the Coronation in the morning.

Shelflife Fri 05-May-23 12:59:45

Sounds lovely TillyTrotter! Have you room for an extra guest? 😂😂

TillyTrotter Fri 05-May-23 12:38:39

A buffet to snack on through the daytime while watching proceedings on TV.
Ham sandwiches, smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwiches, quiche, chicken drumsticks, a fruit salad, scones and jam with clotted cream.
Lime cordial and soda to drink.

TwiceAsNice Fri 05-May-23 12:34:32

Daughter is making quiche and coronation chicken I am making sausage rolls and we are having scones and strawberries. A bit carb heavy but we can eat it all in front of the tele and have a more healthy hot meal in the evening . Having friends around for a barbecue on Sunday

Blondiescot Fri 05-May-23 12:21:04

Just another day here, won't be watching, won't be cooking anything different.

M0nica Fri 05-May-23 12:07:58

Coronaton chicken and trifle for lunch. What in our family is known as 'a dainty tes' in the evening, sandwiches scones and cake. I might even get the best china out.

MiniMoon Fri 05-May-23 11:54:09

There will be 8 of us. I'm making quiche × 2, rolls filled with ham, cheese and coronation chicken. We have bought in cake, crisps and nibbles. For dessert I have meringues, soft fruit and cream.
I'm not making it into a big do. grin

Whitewavemark2 Fri 05-May-23 11:05:26

Staunch Republican here, so I’m only making a quiche, Victoria sponge and coronation chicken 😄