Gransnet forums

Games

Gransnet Summmer Jamboree ????

(848 Posts)
lemongrove Thu 23-May-19 07:51:52

It’s that time of year again, we are packing up and heading for the meadow with all our paraphernalia....picnic baskets, tents, chairs etc and we may be there for some time.
No husbands/partners/children/pets allowed, just GN members .....this is our little holiday after all.?
No rules, just alphabetical as usual, let your imagination run wild ( we had elephants last year.)

Doodle Wed 30-Oct-19 22:35:53

Duvet coat just for me. To keep me warm on my ?. Chilly up there these nights.

lemongrove Thu 31-Oct-19 08:19:45

Electric screwdriver....we have so much halloween stuff to put up, lend a hand you lot!

Elegant costume for me to wear??‍♀️????‍♂️??‍♀️

Doodle Thu 31-Oct-19 14:45:53

Flatulence! blush Sorry, curry last night. ? just wave your hands round a bit.

Doodle Thu 31-Oct-19 14:48:32

Ghoulish costume at the ready. ? looks really spooky with the wind blowing up it ? .............. oops there goes another one, sorry blush

DanniRae Thu 31-Oct-19 14:55:35

Have you any underwear on Doodle? I suspect not or you wouldn't feel the draft so much! shock

Doodle Thu 31-Oct-19 15:03:44

I go commando DanniRae . Makes the broomstick riding more exhilarating.........if somewhat dangerous...those splinters !! ??

lemongrove Thu 31-Oct-19 18:33:53

Happy Halloween everyone and thank you all for playing the game....it’s been a blast! Oh! Sorry that was you Doodle?
I always said you were full of hot air.
Shall I uncork the champers now??? There are bangers on the bbq so help yourselves.?

Doodle Thu 31-Oct-19 21:30:22

Just saying lemon you’re using the wrong letter. But I forgive you. Yes I’m afraid I am still providing gale force winds and perhaps the champers and bangers will help. By tonight I should be able to blast my way home jet propelled ?

Doodle Thu 31-Oct-19 21:31:44

Kicking off the party with champers is a good idea. ?

Loving it so far

Mellow and slightly inebriated ?

Doodle Thu 31-Oct-19 21:32:43

Naturally I am the centre of attention tchgrin

Doodle Thu 31-Oct-19 21:33:12

Orange pumpkins are the best ?

Doodle Thu 31-Oct-19 21:33:56

Perhaps the rest of you could contribute to get us up to ? by midnight ????

lemongrove Thu 31-Oct-19 21:54:25

Queer and spooky costume Doodle.....have you come as Lady Macbeth?
Who ate all the pumpkin pies?

lemongrove Thu 31-Oct-19 21:55:35

Rest of you? I think they have all packed up and gone home.?

lemongrove Thu 31-Oct-19 21:56:35

Surplus of bangers.....I thought Rufus might drop in with some prawns.

lemongrove Thu 31-Oct-19 21:57:27

Time to call it a night??

DanniRae Thu 31-Oct-19 22:53:32

Up till now I was having a good time - but think it's time to go home.

Goodbye one and all grin

Doodle Thu 31-Oct-19 23:40:21

Very good party ?
We should do it again next year
Xactly what we needed
You can all tidy up.
? time for my bed. Night night all. ?

Rufus2 Fri 01-Nov-19 11:05:33

Will glass coffins ever take off? Remains to be seen

Surplus of bangers.....I thought Rufus might drop in with some prawns
Lemongrove; Thank you for thinking of me! smile Actually I thought I'd been ostracised for failing to understand the Jamboree rules, but your message made me feel happy again. At first glance I thought you were offering me the surplus bangers and normally I would accept as I never look a gift horse in the mouth, except perhaps with bangers, but they must be OK as I heard no ambulance sirens, unless of course nobody tried them! hmm Save me any porkies if you can!
Sorry about the shrimps, but I hate them along with their ilk especially since I once had a fat, juicy snail slither out of a "fresh" salad in a restaurant. My OZ DIL always orders a dozen or so escargots, just to annoy me, I think, but I wouldn't suspect her of slipping one in my salad! Needless to say, I don't fall asleep prior to "mains"! grin
OoRo

lemongrove Mon 04-Nov-19 21:33:33

grin
Cheerful chaps are always welcome Rufus but we are ending our jaunt ( hence the surplus bangers, which I cooked with my own fair hands.)
Winter drawers on!
I will no doubt be reviving the Gransnet Christmas Ball fairly soon, so be sure to look out for that and bring your dancing shoes.
OoRo ?

lemongrove Mon 04-Nov-19 21:34:59

Thanks to all for staying so long.???

Rufus2 Tue 05-Nov-19 11:25:43

Gransnet Christmas Ball fairly soon.
Lemongrove; Can't wait for my invite. wink
About dress code; will it be formal or informal? Hope it's the latter 'cos I can turn up in my new pair of dancing thongs which I'm hoping to find in my Christmas stocking!
They shouldn't damage many toes as we twirl around the ballroom.! Ouch! grin
OoRoo