Gransnet forums

Games

The Alphabet Bar ( all welcome!)

(1001 Posts)
lemongrove Sat 04-Jan-20 19:10:25

Just opened a small but gleaming new bar in the best part of town, The Alphabet, 1950’s themed bar all polished chrome and plastic, with a juke box and frothy coffee machine.
Drop in when out shopping for a chat and a snifter.?
The bar only has a few house rules, no pj’s to be worn, keep to an alphabetical order and be inventive.Free drinks for the surreal and humorous contributions.?

lemongrove Mon 11-May-20 16:05:50

Lawks a mercy! Is he afraid of the Russian Mafia or some other person?

soop Mon 11-May-20 17:24:46

Left hook! Lemon are you responsible? You appear to be such a dainty creature. But then, if Korky misbehaved during your cosy evening tucked away inside the broom cupboard...fair dos.

soop Mon 11-May-20 17:25:37

My mistake! blush

Doodle Mon 11-May-20 19:47:27

No it’s not the Russian Mafia lemon it’s Olga. She caught me an Korky ....talking... outside the bar. She threw a left hook at me but I ducked and Korky didn’t. Oops. She’s a mighty big girl, soop is that you behind the bar? Can I have a double of something please ?

Txquiltz Mon 11-May-20 19:57:51

The aroma of your coffee is to die for...tell me you don't serve that awful new decaffinated kind.

Carillion01 Mon 11-May-20 20:01:20

Oh! No! there's more walking wounded here than in A&E, drat!! I always miss the best bits of action. soop can I have some of what Doodle's having and add a dash of Lemon's secret hooch, the stuff in that bottle with the skull on the label that she hides in the juke box

Carillion01 Mon 11-May-20 20:17:12

Pleeeeease be assured Txquiltz, you'll never get decafinated stuff here, our boss is the coffee officianado... She's still got G Clooney secreted somewhere on The Alphabet premises...rumour has it ???

CherryCezzy Mon 11-May-20 21:10:06

Quite where she's got him hidden though is anyone's guess..... do you think she's telling the truth? I've looked low and high and all over to no avail. I did find some body secreted away though, but he had been there a while ?. He had an axe in his head...

Doodle Mon 11-May-20 22:22:33

Really cherry that’s scary. Are you sure it wasn’t one of soop’s fireman fallen asleep with his little chopper?

CherryCezzy Mon 11-May-20 23:23:59

Silly me ?, sherry, sherry trifle and sherry, sherry, sherry stupefied me and I sleepwalked dreaming a strange dream that the cellar was stuffed full of sailors' bodies ?. Sobering up now but I think I need a Sheridan's to get over the shock ?

soop Tue 12-May-20 12:06:48

Tequila sunrises coming up. Tuck into the tomato sandwiches. Slightly soggy but, it's the best I can do with the kitchen out back being in total disarray. There appears to someone sleeping under the sink. Any idea who he/she belongs to?

Doodle Tue 12-May-20 12:25:32

Under the sink ? oh that could be Korky hiding from Olga . She packs a mighty punch for someone only 4 ft tall. Are you sure it was sherry trifle cherry and not one that lemon made? You never know what she puts in it. Last time it was paint stripper mixed with custard powder.?

soop Tue 12-May-20 16:00:07

Vodka! A barrel has been delivered. Some chap says it fell off a lorry. Try it on Korky before you sample some yourselves. If he's still sitting under the sink tomorrow...call the paramedics.

lemongrove Tue 12-May-20 16:19:17

Wee Willie Harris on the jukebox

lemongrove Tue 12-May-20 16:20:06

Xanadu .....the next record up

lemongrove Tue 12-May-20 16:22:04

You can’t say it’s a good vodka unless you lose your sight! I should know, having spent two years in a cellar bar in Moscow.I only went in there for an apperitif!

Doodle Tue 12-May-20 17:03:57

Zooming in for some of that vodka please lemon. Ooh Xanadu coming up on the juke box. Lovely, that’s me dancing then. Korky still under the sink. Wots he doing there? ? He’s not trying his had a plumbing is he.
Oh well I’ll dance round my handbag then.........yes I know it’s posh and you’re all jealous. Cost a fortune, real leather and gold with diamond encrusted handles......its an original ...I got from an old bloke down the market for a tenna. I think he was a bit surprised as he was expecting money. As I told him, you never know when those lady pads could come in useful?

CherryCezzy Tue 12-May-20 22:28:37

Arghhhhhhhhh,, there's water everywhere ?. Korky, you idiot, what have you gone and done!!!! Quick gals help me bail this water out or the bar will be ruined and lemon's gonna need a new one. Oh heck! Oh s..t! What are we gonna do ..

Doodle Tue 12-May-20 22:47:29

Buckets!! We need buckets! Come on everyone. Where are the sailors when you need them. Bailing out needed. ....or the fire brigade with a big pump ?‍? ?

soop Wed 13-May-20 13:20:30

Commander Clive Clifford Carruther-Crinklebottom has phoned to offer help clear up the disgraceful mess we're paddling through. I don't know who he is. So, please laydeez, treat him with respect.

lemongrove Wed 13-May-20 13:27:53

Don’t bother everyone.....this bar is now too far gone, luckily our old premises are available for rent just now, and will only require the rat man and his Jack Russell to spend a day in there.?

Carillion01 Wed 13-May-20 15:01:02

E x c i t e d !!! Not 'arf ...!!!

Doodle Wed 13-May-20 16:37:37

Fantastic! Yeah. When are we movin lemon? Oh I must start packing. Won’t bother with the crystal glasses we won’t be needing them or the champagne flutes. soop is the Commander any good at humping boxes? He could lend a hand. Where are we going lemon?

lemongrove Wed 13-May-20 16:44:06

Going home Doodle ! We should never have left...this fine upmarket gleaming bar was never really us was it??

lemongrove Wed 13-May-20 16:45:22

HOME! To The Argy Bargy Bar.....see you there, I am taking Korky there now to show him the cellar.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion